Himachal Pradesh Weekly Current Affairs
State’s performance best under Jal Jeevan Mission:
- Himachal Pradesh received the highest amount of Rs. 221.28 crore as incentive fund out of total Rs. 464.28 crore allocated to seven states of the country for best performance for physical and financial progress and better ability to utilize the funds under Jal Jeevan Mission.
- Despite the situation of Covid-19 and lockdown, Himachal Pradesh was the first state in the country to spend the amount received in the four installments and to achieve the target under Jal Jeevan Mission by the month of November 2020.
- al Jeevan Mission is a universal water supply scheme, under which the government has worked systematically to provide pure drinking water through pipes in all the villages of the state.
- As a result of which water connection has been provided to more than 13 lakh households in the state. He said that three districts, 11 blocks, 825 panchayats and 8,346 villages of the state were brought under Har Ghar Jal Yojna.
- Drinking water has been made available to all schools and Anganwaris in the state under this scheme.
- Himachal Pradesh would achieve the target of cent-percent piped water connection under Jal Jeevan Mission by July, 2022, against the target set by the Government of India of achieving piped water connection by 2024.
CM will preside over State Level Himachal Day function at Padhar:
- The State Level Himachal Day function was held on 15 April 2021 at Padhar in District Mandi which was presided over by Chief Minister Jai Ram Thakur. Jal Shakti Minister Mahinder Singh Thakur also attended function at Padhar.
CM virtually launches Chalo Chamba Campaign-2021:
- Chief Minister virtually launched Chalo Chamba Campaign-2021 from Shimla by inauguration of Exhibition on Swarnim Himachal, launching Chalo Chamba Logo and Chalo Chamba Mobile App.
- He also launched Road Signages to promote Chalo Chamba. These celebrations are a part of 50 years of Statehood celebrations- Swarnim Himachal.
- The event was based on three C i.e. Craft, Culture and Cuisine.
- Connecting tourism with traditional and unmatched handicraft products of Chamba, will not only give a special boost to tourism, but will also generate employment and strengthen the economy.
GOI felicitates Himachal for surpassing target of functionalizing Health and Wellness Centres:
- Himachal Pradesh was felicitated by the Union Health and Family Welfare Minister, Dr. Harsh Vardhan on the occasion of National Third Ayushman Bharat-Health and Wellness day celebration for surpassing the target assigned by Government of India in the year 2020-21.
- Government of India had allocated a target of functionalizing 983 Health and Wellness Centres (HWCs) for the year 2020- 21 and the state functionalized 1022 HWCs as on 31st March which is 104% achievement.
- For this achievement the state was felicitated by the Union Health Minister during the national celebration of 3rd Ayushman Bharat-Health and Wellness Day on 14th April, 2021.
Governor releases book of Shiv Singh Chauhan:
- Governor Bandaru Dattatraya today released the book Five sons of Himachal Pradesh written by litterateur, social worker and retired officer from HP Information and Public Relations Department Shiv Singh Chauhan.
- The book focuses on the contribution made by former Chief Ministers of Himachal Pradesh towards the development of the state.
- Shiv Singh Chauhan presented a collection of his books to the Governor which included Mamta Ke Mandaar, Katran Se Parivartit Hoti Naari, Ek Safal Rajneta and Himanchali Shaktipeeth.
- The 90-year-old Shri Chauhan, who belongs to Solan district, has throwed light on the political and economic changes, development in health, education, road construction, agriculture and horticulture, industrialization etc. through this book.
CM visits Cow Sanctuary at Thanakalan:
- Chief Minister Jai Ram Thakur visited Cow Sanctuary at Thanakalan in Una district.
- This Sanctuary has been established at a cost of Rs. 7.06 crore and had 279 stray cattle with a total 300 holding capacity.
28.64 lakh persons to be benefitted under Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Yojana:
- State government would distribute five kilograms of food grains (three kg of wheat and two kg of rice) free of cost under Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Yojana to the identified families under National Food Security Act including BPL, antyodaya, single women and Tibetan families.
- This food grains would be given apart from 35 kg of food grains being provided under the National Food Security Act (NFSA), to consumers of the state.
- The state has received a total allocation of 16822.950 metric tonnes of wheat and 11821.610 metric tonnes of rice under the Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Anna Yojana.
- 28.64 lakh National Food Security Act consumers of the state will be benefited under the scheme.
Four committees constituted for management of Covid-19:
- Four committees have been constituted for monitoring covid-19 cases in the State which include Logistic Committee, Covid-19 patient/ ambulance management, Corporate Social Responsibility Coordination/ Contribution Committee and Media/ IEC committee.
- In Logistic Committee, MD HP State Electronic Development Corporation Arindam Chaudhary would be the Convener, Joint Director Ayurveda Rakhi, GM HP Kaushal Vikas Nigam Sunny Sharma and OSD Dr. Jaswal would be members and Dr. Jitender Chauhan of Directorate of Health Service would be nodal officer.
- This committee would perform monitoring of availability of oxygen as per requirement at all facilities, ensure orders timely placement of orders of oxygen cylinder, decide movement of oxygen cylinder as per requirement/ patient load both inter district and inter facility, make PSA plants operational and plan for creation of additional bed capacity at various levels.
- The Covid-19 patient and ambulance management committee includes Dr. Rajesh Thakur, SSO NHM HP as convener, Dr. Malay Sarkar, Dr. Sanjay Mahajan of IGMC and Dr. Padam Negi of DDHS as members. The committee would ensure creation of triage space at all facilities in DCHs and DCHCs. Advise district teams about smooth movement of patients to appropriate facility after analysing their symptoms and would also take decision about inter district or inter facility movement of patients. The committee would also take decision on movement or procurement of essential medicines and ensure that there is no shortage of any drug in any covid facility.
- Corporate Social Responsibility Coordination/ Contribution Committee would include Director Urban Development Abid Hussian as Convener, Additional Director DHS Sumit Khimta and DDHS Dr. Ramesh Chand as members. The committee would mobilize corporate and CSR contributions to HP SDMA Covid-19 SDRF fund by getting in touch with prospective donors and industry associations. They would effectively liaise with all facilities in the state, to assess the gaps in resources and mobilize the resources and ensure that the items donated are properly accounted for and promptly routed to various facilities in the state.
- Mission Director NHM HP Dr. Nipun Jindal would be the Convener of Media and IEC Committee, which would have Deputy MD NHM HP Dr. Gopal Beri, SPO NHM HP DR. Anjali Chauhan and Assistance Public Relations Officer of Directorate of Information and Public Relations Sanjay Saini as members of the committee. The Committee would regularly and promptly disseminate information to media and eliminate information gaps at all levels.
Read more: HP Current Affairs [Weekly and Monthly]
Stay updated with us: