Himachal Pradesh Weekly Current Affairs
Union Minister for Earth Sciences inaugurates first Doppler Weather Radar at Kufri:
- The Accurate weather forecast was not only vital for the farmers to protect their crops from natural calamities but also help in tourism development as the tourists can decide about their travel plans according to the climate.
- This was stated by Union Minister for Earth Sciences, Health and Family Welfare and Science and Technology Dr. Harsh Vardhan after virtual inauguration of First Doppler Weather Radar (DWR) installed at Kufri, Shimla and at Mukteshwar, Nainital in Uttrakhand on the occasion of 146th India Meteorological Department Foundation Day.
- Two more Radars would be installed at Mandi and Dalhousie in Chamba district of the State.
- The range of this Radar was upto 100 kilometres in radial distance.
- It would observe and provide the weather data of 100 kilometres in all directions, which would be used for forecasting purpose especially for short range forecast.
‘Safe City Project Mandi’ will ensure women safety, law and order: CM
- The Safe City Project proposed to be executed in Mandi town under Nirbhaya fund would not only ensure safety of women in public places but would also provide smart solution to better traffic management and crowd control.
- The Union government provides funding in 90:10 ratio to the states having difficult terrains like Himachal Pradesh under this project.
Read more: HP Current Affairs [Weekly and Monthly]
Stay updated with us: