Himachal Pradesh Weekly Current Affairs:
MoU signed for development of airport at Nagchala:
- The Memorandum of Understanding for development of Greenfield airport at Nagchala in Mandi district Himachal Pradesh was signed between the Government of HP and Airports Authority of India (AAI) at New Delhi.
- The development of Greenfield airport at Nagchala will be through a Joint Venture Company (JVC) wherein AAI will hold 51 percent equity and the remaining 49 percent will be held by State government or its designated agency.
- The JVC shall undertake the functions of design, finance, construction, completion of the airport project for commercial civil aviation operation and maintenance, operation and management of the airport.
- The State Government shall acquire and transfer land for the airport to the JVC for the project.
‘Himachal Pradesh Nasha Nivaran Board’ constituted to curb drug menace:
- With a view to curb the menace of drug abuse in the Himachal Pradesh, the State Government has constituted ‘Himachal Pradesh Nasha Nivaran Board’ under the chairmanship of Chief Minister Jai Ram Thakur.
- The Board would act as a Co-Coordinator between various Drug and Narcotics Enforcement Agencies of the State and would also suggest ways and means to tackle the menace of inter-state drug trafficking, production and distribution within the State.
Baisakhi Nalwar Mela Jhandutta and Nalwar Mela Sunhani in Bilaspur district declared as District level Fair:
- The Cabinet gave its approval to declare Baisakhi Nalwar Mela Jhandutta and Nalwar Mela Sunhani in Bilaspur district as District level Fair to promote rich culture and tradition of the district.
Read more: HP Current Affairs [Weekly and Monthly]
Stay updated with us: