Himachal Pradesh Weekly Current Affairs
Rs. 1990 crore allocated under the Scheduled Caste Sub Plan:
- The State Government has allocated Rs. 1990 crore under the Scheduled Caste Sub Plan for the current financial year to ensure empowerment and welfare of this vulnerable section of the society.
- The main thrust of the Government was to ensure social, educational and economic empowerment of these sections of the society.
- Several scholarship schemes were being provided to the students belonging to the Scheduled Castes (SCs) to ensure that education is not denied due to the poor financial condition of their families.
- The State Government has spent Rs 1317.71 crore on providing better health, education, drinking water facilities, and skill development and various socio-economic activities in the Scheduled caste majority areas of the State during the year 2018-19.
Governor emphasises the need to set up training centres for natural farming:
- Governor Bandaru Dattatraya has emphasized the need to set up training centres to expand natural farming in the state and streamline marketing for natural products.
- To encourage natural farming on a large scale, it is necessary to train the educated unemployed rural youths, and the trained youth will impart knowledge to the farmers.
- Trained youth could be encouraged by giving certificates and also some incentive money could also be proposed for them. Such villages and panchayats should be identified where every family as a whole were adopting natural agriculture.
- About 55 thousand farmers were practising natural farming in the state, and an area of 2579 hectares has been brought under it.
8.74 lakh farmers benefitted under PM Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojna:
- As many as 8.74 lakh farmers of the state have been benefitted under the Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojna by depositing Rs. 2000 in their accounts.
- The state government has provided free gas cylinder and connection to about 2.76 lakh families under the HP Ghrihini Suvidha Yojna besides 1.36 lakh families have been provided free gas connections under the Ujjwala Yojna.
- The two instalments Rs. 500 each have been deposited in accounts of 1,11,863 poor persons under the Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Yojna.
- As many as 5.69 lakh people have been provided enhanced social security pension in advance for a period of three months.
Read more: HP Current Affairs [Weekly and Monthly]
Stay updated with us: