- Balh valley of Sundarnagar block and Sandhol areas along the Beas river of Dharmpur block and Jogindarnagar valley are the only major areas in producing cereals in the district which cater to the demand of sizeable population of the district.
- There is an agricultural workshop functioning at Bhangrotu where facilities for designing and testing of improved agricultural implements also for service and repair of all types of farm machinery are available.
- There are four potato development stations and five seed multiplication farms in the district.
- The lift irrigation has been introduced and shallow wells have been dug by employing German rigs supplied under the Indo-German Agriculture Projects in the valley areas.
- Apple orchards are located predominantly in Karsog, Chachyot and Thunag.
- The most common delicious varities of apple grown in the district are royal rich-e-red, red and golden.
- The plum varieties found in the district are sentaroza and merycoza.
- Unmarketable surplus fruits of the district and adjoining areas are utilized in two canning cum fruit preservation plants at Panarsa and Jarol.
- Apple juice processing plant at Jarol is proving a boom to the horticulturists in providing ready markets for their surplus apples.
- An olive station is functioning at Karsog.
- Exotic trout fish was introduced in the district from Kullu.
- These species are found in Uhl, Lambadag and Tirthan.
- The fisheries resources of the rivers are very rich and Mahasheer fish is found in river Satluj near Dehar and Barbustor, Labeo diplostomus (Gid) Labeo dyochelous (Kuni) and Oreigus Sinuatus (Himalayan Barbel) for the main food fishery are found in both the rivers of Beas and Satluj and their tributaries.
- A trout hatchery is maintained well-stocked at Barot on river Uhl.
- Two jersey cattle breeding farms at Kamand and Karsog have been functioning to supply improved breed animals and two feed and fodder development centres are functioning at Kamand and Sinog.
- A dairy plant at Chakkar has been set up by the Animal Husbandry Dept. in collaboration with the Indo-German programme, which sells quality milk ghee and table butter.
- One sheep breeding station for pure merino sheep started at Nagwain to improve the breed of sheep under Indo-German programme is functioning in the district.