Himachal Pradesh Weekly Current Affairs:
Mukhya Mantri 1 Bigha Scheme for strengthening rural economy launched in the state:
- The scheme envisages strengthening of rural economy by linking Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Scheme (MGNREGS) under which a woman or her family who owns land up to one bigha (or 0.4 hectares) can raise a backyard kitchen garden by growing vegetables and fruits.
- This scheme would involve about 1.50 lakh womenfolk through 5,000 self-help groups.
- Under the scheme each beneficiary woman will be entitled to get employment under MGNREGS, besides training to upscale her skill, grants meant to level the hill land, channelize water, set up a vermicompost pit, and to purchase saplings and seeds.
- Eligible women entitled under the scheme to get grant up to Rs. 40 thousand.
Recommendations of 15th Central Finance Commission to be implemented in the State:
- Out of the total grants received from 15th Finance Commission, 70 percent would be provided to Gram Panchyats, 15 percent to Panchayat Samitis and 15 percent would be allocated to Zila Parishads for undertaking various developmental works.
Cabinet gave its nod to start a scheme for ‘Rehabilitation of Stray Cattle’:
- Cabinet gave its nod to start a scheme for ‘Rehabilitation of Stray Cattle’ in Himachal Pradesh to solve the problems of stray cattle, encourage individuals and organizations to adopt stray cattle, provide assistance for running of cow sanctuaries and gau sedans in the State.
- In the initial phase, it was decided to provide Rs. 500 per cow for cows in gausadans/gaushalas and cow sanctuaries.
- The Animal Husbandry Department was advised to complete tagging under Information Network for Animal Productivity and Health (INAPH) Scheme as per Government of India’s guidelines at the earliest.
‘Mukhya Mantri Swavlamban Yojna-2019’ amended:
- The Cabinet decided to amend the ‘Mukhya Mantri Swavlamban Yojna-2019’ to make it more lucrative.
- Now units sanctioned under this scheme should come into commercial production within one year from the date of disbursement of the first installment of loan by the bank under the Scheme for both manufacturing and service enterprises.
- Besides, in case such units have been set up by widows who are bonafide Himachali and having age upto 45 years, the amount of eligible subsidy has been enhanced from 30 percent to 35 percent.
State Government gives Sanskrit status of second language:
- The State Government has given the status of the second language to Sanskrit and now efforts should be made to make it more practical and simple so that it could be popularized amongst the masses.
45 examination centers in schools to be managed by women staff named as Savitri Bai Phule:
- It was for the first time that 45 examination centers in the schools would be managed by women staff named as ‘Savitri Bai Phule’ in the honour of first female teacher of India and founder of first Indian girl school in Pune in 1848.
Read more: HP Current Affairs [Weekly and Monthly]
Stay updated with us: