Himachal Pradesh Weekly Current Affairs
MoU signed between HP Police and IIT Mandi:
- A Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) was signed between the Himachal Pradesh Police and Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Mandi to set up an institutional mechanism to facilitate the Police Personal in updating their knowledge.
- The objective of the MoU was to facilitate the police personnel to update their knowledge about new technologies, geographical and temporal analysis of crime and public order, prediction of period crime trends, traffic management, e-channeling, beat the patrolling system, threat and security analysis, cybercrime, cyber forensics, and cybersecurity.
- The collaboration would be based on research and development activities and capacity building which would involve police officers, IIT faculty, researchers, and students.
Himachal Pradesh is front runner state in the country in effective implementation of Jal Jeeven Mission:
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi has launched Jal Jeevan Mission on 15th August, 2019 with the provision of Rs. 3.5 lakh crore which envisages to provide functional household tap connection to every rural household by 2024 in the country.
- There are 1704231 households in the State, out of which 1,61,102 households have been provided with tap water during the year 2019-20.
- Till date under various programmes 11 lakh households had been provided with tapped water and a target has been fixed to provide tapped water to 2,44,351 households during the current financial year.
- Himachal Pradesh has emerged as a front runner State in the country in effective implementation of the Jal Jeevan Mission.
- Himachal Pradesh has got national recognition by providing fully functional household tapped water connection in Tashigang village in Lahaul Spiti district which is situated about 14000 feet above sea level.
Atal Bihari Vajpayee Statue at The Ridge Shimla:
- The Cabinet decided to set up statue of former Prime Minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee at The Ridge Shimla.
- It also decided to allot this work to famous sculptors Padam Shri and Padam Vibhushan Awardee Ram V. Sutar and Anil Sutar under Himachal Pradesh Finance Rule-104 as proposed by Language, Art and Culture Department.
Read more: HP Current Affairs [Weekly and Monthly]
Stay updated with us: