This paper is designed to test the candidate’s knowledge/aptitude in the following:—
- Comprehension of English Language
- Correct grammatical expression
- Clarity and precision in expression
Areas of Testing:
Candidates will be tested in the following areas:
- English Grammar – (20 Marks)
- Usage and vocabulary – (20 Marks)
- English Composition Letter / Application / Report / Note writing – (20 Marks)
- Comprehension of unseen passages – (20 Marks)
- Precis Writing – (20 Marks)
Evaluation / Marking:
Credit will be given for the following:-
- Writing of precis, comprehension, composition, and usage according to requirements of format.
- Coherence and sequence in expression.
- The correctness of grammatical structures.
- The originality of thought and expression.
Suggested Readings: Descriptive English
PAPER-II: HINDI IN DEVNAGRI SCRIPT (100 MARKS)….Read in Detail
PAPER-III: ESSAY (100 MARKS)….Read in Detail
PAPER-IV: GENERAL STUDIES-I (200 MARKS)….Read in Detail
PAPER-V: GENERAL STUDIES-II (200 MARKS)….Read in Detail
PAPER-VI: GENERAL STUDIES-III (200 MARKS)….Read in Detail