Himachal Pradesh is endowed with several important minerals like limestone, high-grade limestone, quartzite, gold, pyrites, copper, rock salt, natural oil and gas, mica, iron ore, etc. and is the only state in India where rock salt is mined.
Major Minerals found in Himachal and their district wise distribution.
- Hamirpur – Sand, Stones
- Bilaspur Limestone, Shale
- Una – Silica, Sand
- Solan – Limestone, Sand, Mineral water
- Kangra – Cut stone, Sandstone, Iron ore
- Mandi – Slate, Rock salt
- Sirmaur – Limestone, Baryte, Gypsum, Sandstone
- Shimla – Limestone, Shale
- Chamba – Slates
- Kullu – Slate, Nickel, Cobalt, Silica, Iron ore
- Kinnaur – Gypsum, Iron ore
- Lahaul & Spiti – Antimony, Copper
Source: Dept. of Industries, Himachal Pradesh Development Report