1. During the British Raj ‘The Himalayan Advertisers’ and ‘The Shimla Advertisers’ in Shimla were the local :
- Advertising Agencies
- Tourist Lodges
- British Govt. Offices
2. Who conceived the idea of construction of Viceregal Lodge at Shimla?
- Lord Lytton
- Lord Northbrook
- Lord Dufferin
- Lord Curzon
3. Who authored the book ‘Himachal Pradesh, Area and Language’?
- T.S. Negi
- Y.S. Parmar
- Dev Raj Sharma
- O. C. Sood
4. Which industrial area of the state is the first to use green fuel?
- Kala Amb
- Baddi Barotiwala
- Paonta Sahib
5. What was the total area of H.P. under tea Production in 2016-17?
- 2310 Hectare
- 1840 Hectare
- 3000 Hectare
- 9110 Hectare
6. Which of the following combinations is correct in terms of Government?
- Jeori, Sarol, Tal and Karachham
- Nagwain, Jarol, Beri and Sarahan
- Majra, Kandwari, Bajaura and Udaipur
- Patlikuhal, Nihari, Jwali and Tikker
7. With the objective to preserve the Spiti breed of horses, Govt. of H.P. has established horse breeding farm at?
- Nako in Kinnaur
- Kaza in Lahaul & Spiti
- Lari in Hahaul & Spiti
- Chitkul in Kinnaur
8. What is the funding pattern of ‘Rashtriya Uchchtar Siksha Abhiyan’ which has been implemented in the State?
- 90% Centre Govt. and 10% State Govt.
- 85% Centre Govt. and 15 % State Govt
- 75% Centre Govt. and 25% State Govt.
- 65 % Centre Govt. and 35 % State Govt.
9. What was the total approved Plan outlay for ‘Transport’ in the State during the year 2017-18?
- 66 Crore
- 1073 crore
- 682 crore
- 16 crore
10. To protect fruit crops especially apple from hailstorms what percentage of subsidy on Anti Hail Nets was provided by the State Government during the year 2017-18
11. What is an area of forest cover in H.P. and it accounts for what percent of total geographical area of the State?
- 37033 sq. km. & 66.52%
- 35955 sq. km. && 64.58%
- 32400 sq. km. % 58.20%
- 36980 sq. km. & 66.42%
12. The famous Rohtang Pass which divides Lahaul Spiti and Kullu Districts was once known as?
- Nandan Shring
- Himadri Tung
- Bhrigu Tung
- Rishi Parvat
13. What is the percentage ofsmoke-freee compliance of H.P. as per the joint report of the community medicine department of IGMC and population Research Centre of H.P. University?
14. Which Pass lies at the head of the Baspa valley?
- Jalori Pass
- Chung Shakhago Pass
- Drati Pass
- Burua Pass
15. Which of the following rivers is called as ‘River of Sorrows’ by the local people because of its recurring colossal damage to agriculture land ?
16. Which of the following banks was merged with the H.P. State Cooperative Bank Ltd. In the year 1955?
- The Kangra Central Cooperative Bank
- Mahasu Central Cooperative
- Joint Stock Bank i.e. Bank of Sirmaur
- The Chamba Central Cooperative Bank
17. The wildlife experts who were the main force behind the setting up of Himachal’s first ‘Bird Ringing Station’ at Salropa:
- Donald Macleod and Col. Napier
- Henry Hardinge and Hugh Gough
- William Finch and Thomas Coryat
- Francis Bunar and T.H. Walker
18. Which of the following lakes is not situated in Chamba district?
- Sorang (This lake is in District Kinnaur)
19. Which of the following is not related to Kinnaur?
20. The Bhutti Weavers Cooperative Society ( Bhuttico) was formed at Shamshi in which year?
21. According to the 2011 census, the density of population per sq. km. in H.P. State was:
- 109 persons
- 150 persons
- 123 persons
- 382 persons
22. In which part of the state the Language, Art and Culture Academy of H.P. found a 600 yars old manuscript which deals with Ayurvedic System of Medicine?
- Kangra Valley
- Kiara-dun Valley
- Kullu valley
- Spiti valley
23. The first historical mention of Trigarta was found in the writings of which Sanskriti scholar?
- Vishakha Dutta
24. Bichitra Natak’ is one of the major sources of information about the battle of Nadaun which is considered to be the autobiography of :
- Raja Bhim Chand of Kehlur
- Raja Dayal of Bijarawal
- Guru Teg Bahadur
- Guru Govind Singh
25. What title was conferred on to Raja Kehri Singh of Bushahr by Aurangzeb?
- Chhatrapati Raja
- Sultaan of Hills
26. In 1804 A.D. the rulers of Bilaspur, Mandi, Chamba and other small rulers of Kangra jointly invited whom to invade Kangra (Sansar Chand)?
27. The famous ‘Rang Mahal’ Palalce of Bilaspur, now submerged into Govind Sangar, was built by the ruler of Kehlur:
- Raja Mahan Chand
- Raja Bijai Chand
- Raja Bir Chand
- Raja Anand Chand
28. The earliest rock inscriptions in Brahmi script at pathiar and Kanihara is in the district of :
29. Who was the first to draw attention to the history of royal families of Jalandhara and Trigarta in detail?
- Hiuen Tsang
30. Who amongst the following rulers of Chamba received the distinction of ‘Knighthood’ on 1st January, 1906?
- Ram Singh
- Gopal Singh
- Bhuri Singh
- Sahil Verman
31. In which valley of Kinnaur district ‘Saffron’ and cumin’ are produced?
- Bhaba Valley
- Hangrang Valley
- Lippa Valley
- Sangla Valley
32. Which of the following products of H.P. has been registered under the Geographical Indications (GI) of Goods Act, 1999?
- Kinnauri Shawl, Chamba Rumal
- Pahari Rajmah, Apricot, Apple
- Chamba Chappal, Kullu Cap
- Bushahri Cap, Sirmauri Loe
33. Where is the ‘silk flature’ Functioning in Kangra district?
- Bodh in Nurpur
- Bir in Baijnath
- Panchrukhi in Palampur
34. Which of the following is not the breed of poultry, introduced to improve the economy of the Kangra District?
- Rhode Island Red
- Plymouth Rock
35. According to he Hiuen Tsang, which of the following was the distinct state during 7th Century A.D. where about 20 Buddhist ‘Sanghmas’ with 1000 priests, mostly studied the ‘Mahayana’?
36. Who called Lahaul ‘a Valley of Glaciers’?
- Andrew Wilson
- Lady Elashainghday
- Walker and Pascoe
37. Who is known as a pioneer of fruit growing in Kullu area who set up an apple orchard in the year 1870 A.D.?
- Col. C. R. Johnson
- W. H. Donald
- Capt. A.T. Banon
- R.C. Lee
38. Who introduced potato and other vegetables at Keylong in 1857?
- Algerian Tourists
- British Travellers
- Moravian missionaries
- Italian Scientists
39. As per the study made by geologists the present area of which district, some 1200-1500 million years ago was a part of the sea called ‘Tethys’?
40. Name of which of the district has been derived form its town which was once a small village inhabited by the charcoal manufacturers?
41. Which of the following dynasties was supposed to be founded by ‘Pradyuman’ the son fo Lord Krishna?
42. The ‘Tax-Free’ trade between the Kinnauras and Tibetans continued till which year?
43. Which sector was accorded the highest priority in terms of financial allocation during 2017-18 plan outlay of H.P.?
- Agriculture and allied services
- Social Services
44. In the year 2017-18 the Steel Authority of India Ltd. Has entrusted SAIL yard to H.P. at which place to supply the quality steel to Govt?
- Kala Amb in Sirmaur
- Bhattakufar at Shimla
- Nalagarh in Solan
45. The river Satluj divides which of the following mountain range at Shipki?
- Pir Panjal
46. Chandragomin who referred the ‘Audumbaras’ as a section of ‘Shalvas’ in his book ‘Vritti’ was a :
- Buddhist scholar
- Jain Scholar
- Sanskrit scholar
- Persian Scholar
47. Who founded the town of Bharmaur and made it the capital of the state?
- Meru Verman
- Adi Verman
- Sahil Verman
- Lalit Verman
48. The two states in the Shimla Hills founded by the son and grandson of Jaspal, the ruler of Kutlehr state were?
- Baghal and dhami
- Madhan and Darkoti
- Bhajji and Koti
- Theog and Balson
49. A major part of Kangra district has been found suitable for the rearing of the following silkworm races?
50. In july 1910, A.H. Franke arrived which of the following villages of H.P. where the language he found was ‘entirely Tibetan’?
51. On 7th October, 2014 at Dhalpur maidan in Kullu how many women danced together ‘Kulluvi Nati, on the tune of Dhol, nagara and Shehnai to celebrate this as ‘Beti Bachao’ ?
52. Who became the youngest woman of H.P. to scale the Mount Everest in 1993?
- Deepu Sharma
- Dicky Dolma
- Rakha Devi
- Rama Devi
53. Which valley of Lahaul and Spitit is called as ‘ Orchards and Granary’ of the district?
- Chandra Valley
- Bhaga Valley
- Gara Valley
- Pattan Valley
54. Which district of H.P. has the largest number of ‘large, medium and small scale industrial units’?
55. The ‘Nirmand copper Plate’ and important historical document of H.P. issued by Maharaja Samudrasena belongs to which century?
- 7th Century B.C.
- 3rd Century B.C.
- 7th Century A.D.
- 5th Century A.D.
56. ‘Tichig Miching’, ‘Chhetpa’ and ‘ Ti Darang Shishe’ are various kinds of the following in Kinnaur district?
57. Who has written the book ‘Curture Heritage of the Himalayas’?
- H.K. Mitto
- V.C. Ohri
- G.D. Khosla
- K.L. Vaidya
58. The major irrigation project of H.P. Shahnagar Project is providing irrigation facility to :
- 11,780 hct.
- 13,435 hct.
- 15,287 hct.
- 20,000 hct.
59. The first industrial unit in Sirmaur at Nahan the ‘Nahan Foundry Ltd.’ Was set up in 1875 A.D. by :
- Raja Surender Prakash
- Raja Shamsher Prakash
- Raja Amar Prakash
- Raja Rajinder Prakash
60. The annual rainfall of which zone of H.P. varies from 1500 mm to 1800 mm?
- Outer Himalayas
- Inner Himalayas
- Greater Himalayas
- Higher Himalayas