86. Who among the following was a contemporary of Gautam Buddha?
87. The famous Khandariya Mahadev temple is located at
88. Whose philosophy is called the Advaita ?
89. The original name of Alauddin Khilji was
Ans:- Ali Gurshap
90. Who after raising a successful rebellion, made Jahangir a captive in his own camp?
Ans:- Mahabat Khan
91. Goa was captured by the Portuguese in
92. Who among the following first used the word ‘Swaeajya’?
Ans:- Bal Gangadhar Tilak
93. The Continental Drift theory is given by
Ans:- Alfred Wegener
94. As we proceed from the equator to poles, the daily range of temperature tends to
95. Which of the following is not a Baltic nation?
96. The vegetation which survives on aerial roots is
97. Which one of the following does not have coal deposits?
98. Which one of the following is the oldest oil refinery in India?
99. Which one among the following peaks is the highest?
100. Which Indian city has the highest population, according to 2011 Census?
101. The process generally used in summer air conditioning to cool and dehumidify the air is called
Ans:- Cooling and dehumidification
102. In the psychometric chart, relative humidity lines are
Ans;- curved lines
103. Mechanical efficiency of a centrifugal pump is the ratio of
Ans:- Energy available at the impeller to the energy supplied to the pump by the prime mover.
104. One cubic meter of water weighs
Ans:- 1000 liter
105. According to the Indian standards, a bolt thread of 6 mm size of the coarse pitch and with allowances on the threads and normal tolerances grade is designated as
Ans:- M6 – 8d
106. Traction control system in the automobile controls the
Ans:- Engine power during acceleration.
107. Creep is the belt drive is due to
Ans:- uneven extension and contraction of the belt when it passes from tight side to slack side
108. A spring controlled governor is said to be unstable when the controlling force
Ans:- increases as the radius of rotation increases
109. A Hartnell governor is a
Ans:- Spring loaded governor
110. Which of the following is the correct statement of second law of thermodynamics?
Ans:- It is impossible to construct an engine working on a cyclic process, whose sole purpose is to convert heat energy into work.
111. Which of the following places is not an iron-ore mining area?
112. Who of the following acted as the Constitutional Advisor to the Constituent Assembly?
113. The words ‘Socialist’ and ‘Secular’ were added to our constitution by
Ans;- 42nd Amendment
114. In which part of the constitution, details of citizenship are mentioned?
115. The term ‘Cabinet’ is mentioned in which of the following articles of the Constitution?
Ans:- Article 352
116. The system of Public interest Litigation has been introduced in India.
Ans:- By Judicial initiative.
117. Ministers in a state get salaries as determined by
Ans:- State Legislature
118. The executive power relating to concurrent subjects remain with the
119. ‘Nirmal Gram Puraskar’ is related with
120. What was the period of Plan Holiday?
121. The Headquarters of SIDBI is located in
122. Invisible export means export of
123. What is the jeweler’s rouge?
Ans:- Ferric oxide
124. Mushrooms belong to
125. Which among the following is the richest source of ascorbic acid?
126. INS Sardar Patel Naval base is located at
127. The National Institute of Ocean Technology is located at
128. Which one of the following numbers is different from the rest?
129. As ‘Poster is related to ‘Wall’, in the same way, ‘ Photograph’ is related to :
130. The number of Rajya Sabha seats from H.P. is
131. Who was the first Chief Commissioner of H.P.?
132. Khajiar lake is located in which district of H.P.?
133. The great Himalayan National park is located in which district of H.P.?
134. Which Indian short film has recently won Best Film Award at Best of India Short Film Festival in Los Angeles?
135. Which Indian para-athlete has recently secured the No. 1 rank in Asia in F 53 Javelin category?
Ans:- Deepa Malik
136. The 2018 Krishi Unnati Mela has started in which city?
Ans:- New Delhi
137. India’s first cloned Assamese buffalo male calf ‘Sach-Gaurav’ was born in which state?
138. The antonym of the word ‘Verbose’ is
139. He…………….for her since morning.
Ans:- Has been waiting
140. Meaning of the idiom ‘Wildcat strike’ is
Ans:- Strike not approved by the trade union
141. Otto cycle consists of
Ans:- Two constant volume and two isentropic processes.
142. The eye bolts are used for
Ans:- Lifting of heavy machine
143. The parallel fillet weld is designed for
Ans:- Shear stress
144. Two shafts will have equal strength if
Ans:- Angle of twist of both the shafts is same, the material of both the shafts is the same, twisting moment of both the shaft is same.
145. Hook’s law holds good up to
Ans:- Elastic point
146. A Concentrated load is one which
Ans:- Acts at a point on a beam
147. When shear force is zero then the moment is………..at a point.
148. If the slenderness ratio for a column is 100, then it is said to be a………………..
Ans:- Long column
149. An odometer is an instrument used for measurement of
150. Which of the following process of steel making is in operation at Tata Iron and Steel Works Jamshedpur?
Ans:- Duplex Process
151. The property of a liquid by which offers resistance to the movement of one layer of a liquid over another adjacent layer of a liquid is called
152. Force per unit length is the unit of
Ans:- Surface tension.
Read more: ॥ Part-1 ॥