1. When the molten metal is fed in the cavity of metallic mould by gravity the method of casting is known as
2. A casting defect which occurs due to improper venting of sand is known as
3. Notching is the operation of
Ans:- Removal of metal to the desired shape from an edge of a plate.
4. A neutral flame is obtained by supplying
Ans:-Equal volume of oxygen and acetylene
5. In fore hand welding the angle between the welding rod and the work is kept as
Ans:- 30 degree – 40 degree
6. V- Block is used to
Ans:-Check the trueness of flat surfaces, Locate center of round rods, Check surface roughness.
7. A twist drill is specified by its
Ans:- Shank, material and diameter
8. In shaper, the metal is removed during
Ans:- Forward stroke
9. EDM machining is applied for
Ans:- Shaping carbide dies and punches having a complicated profile, Making a large number of small holes in series and fuel nozzles, Embossing and engraving on harder materials.
10. The work study is done by means of
11. The specific gravity of petrol is about
12. Tachometer in a vehicle measures
Ans:- Engine r.p.m
13. A hydraulic press is a device used
Ans:- To lift larger load by the application of a comparatively much smaller forces
14. When absorptivity = 1, reflectivity = 0 and transmissivity = 0, then the body is said to be a
Ans:- Black body
15. An under inflated tyre will wear the thread most
Ans:- Near the edge
16. The mechanical efficiency of an impulse turbine is the
Ans:- Ratio of actual work available at the turbine to the energy imparted to the wheel.
17. The efficiency of a reversible machine is
Ans:- More than 50%
18. Streamlining of the Automobile body is done to
Ans:- Minimize air resistance
19. An engine is located in the middle portion in some vehicles mainly to
Ans:- Better utilize the space
20. The rolling resistance is because of the friction between the
Ans:- Tyre and road surface
21. Compression ratio of a petrol engine is nearly
21. An engine has a clearance volume of 100 cm cube and a swept volume of 800 cm cube. The compression ratio is
22. The frequency of flashing of light per minute in a direction (side turn) indicator is about
23. Thinner is added to paint in order to
Ans:- Optimize its viscosity
24. The brake pedal during ABS operation –
Ans:- Transmits slight kickback to the driver’s foot.
25. The effect of vapour locking on the brake performance is that the
Ans:- Brakes fail completely
26. The main function of the master cylinder is to
Ans:- Convert brake pedal force into hydraulic pressure.
27. The problems caused by the wheel imbalance are
Ans:- Steering wheel vibrations and uneven tyre wear.
28. The basic purpose of providing caster angle on wheels is to
Ans:- Maintain directional stability.
29. When the top of the wheel is tilted outward, then it is called
Ans:- Positive Camber
30. An overinflated tyre will wear the tread most near the
31. The disadvantage of radial ply tyre compared to cross-ply tyre is
Ans:- Uncomfortable ride at low speed.
32. Another name for the steering link rod is
Ans:- Drag link
33. Spring eyes in case of cars are usually lined with
Ans:- Rubber Bushes
34. The coil spring in wishbone suspension is placed between the
Ans:- Lower wishbone and cross member.
35. Two speed reverse gear arrangement is generally provided in case of
36. The maximum torque multiplication ratio in a torque converter is about
37. A clutch is usually designed to transmit maximum torque which is
Ans:- 150 percent of the maximum engine torque.
38. The maximum intensity of pressure which clutch facing can withstand without being damaged is about
Ans:- 100 kpa
39. For aiming the headlights, the distance between the headlights and the screen should be
Ans:- 7.6 m
40. The most commonly used car heater is the
Ans;- Hot water tyre
41. A laminated glass when cracking
Ans:- Sandwiched layer traps the fragments.
42. For measuring clearance between two flat surfaces the tool used is the
Ans:- Feeler gauge
43. A square engine is an engine having
Ans:- Bore and stroke equal
44. On the compression stroke, the rings are pressed against
Ans:- Bottom of the groove
45. A dish in the piston head is employed to
Ans:- Control compression ratio
46. The purpose of piston rings is to control
Ans:- Combustion pressures, Cylinder wall lubrication, Oil consumption.
47. The material used for the inlet valve is usually
Ans:- Silico- chrome steel
48. The valves have to be replaced if the metal to be removed for smoothening their end surfaces is more than
Ans:- 0.5 mm
49. For checking the alignment of the crankshaft, the best method is to place it.
Ans:-On its ends
50. Maximum allowable hydrocarbons in the car emission are approximately
Ans:- 100 PPM
51. The position of the PCV valve plunger at idle speed is
Ans:- Towards the valve-outlet side.
52. The material used for cylinder block is
Ans:- Cast iron and aluminum alloy
53. Specific gravity of Diesel is about
54. The cetane rating of diesel fuel is in the order of
55. The function of a governor in automobiles is to
Ans:- Limit the vehicle speed
56. The two rows of cylinders in a ‘V’ type engine are generally arranged at
Ans:- 60 degree
57. The air gap between the central electrode and ground electrode of a spark plug is around
Ans:- 1 mm
58. Which of the following oil is more viscous?
Ans:- SAE 80
59. The purpose of the thermostat is to keep the engine
Ans:- At the desired temperature
60. The fan in the Maruti Car is controlled
61. The opening pressure of hole type nozzles varies from
Ans:- 17 – 34 m Pa
62. Brake thermal efficiency for S.I. the engine usually varies between
Ans:- 25% and 30%
63. To increase output voltage, battery cells are connected in
64. The negative plate of lead-acid battery has
65. Any short-circuits in the armature winding may be tested with a
66. Robotic aircraft used extensively by the military is
67. A rear horizontal stabilizer that that controls up and down or pitching motion of the aircraft nose is called
68. Characteristic of the aircraft that permits you to maneuver it easily and allows it to withstand the stress resulting from the maneuver is known as
69. The last point on an airfoil that interacts with the airflow around the wing is known as
Ans:- Trailing edge
70. The horizontal line that passes through the center of gravity of the aircraft perpendicular to its flight path is called
Ans:- Lateral axis
71. The study or practice of travel through the air is called
72. The study of forces and the resulting motion of objects through the air is called
73. An aircraft that is designed to fly without an engine is
74. Which of the following parameters has no effect on the inflow performance of a reservoir?
Ans:-Production tubing diameter
75. Which is not a cause of sand production?
Ans:- Running casing
76. Gas lift works mainly through
Ans:- Lowering bottom – hole pressure
77. Which of the following does not change as a result of a well stimulation operation?
Ans:- Ultimate well recovery
78. Which of the following parameters need not to be considered when designing matrix acidizing treatment?
Ans:- Formation closure stress
79. The ignition quality of petrol is expressed by
Ans:- Octane number
80. The fuels in order of decreasing knock tendency for spark ignition engines are
Ans:- Paraffin, naphthene, aromatic
81. Steam temperature control for the ESD boiler is achieved by
Ans:- Bypassing the superheater.
82. Which of the following fuel oil impurities can cause maximum abrasive damage?
Ans:- Catalytic Fines
83. If an operating auxiliary boiler has a water pH reading of 7, you should
Ans:- Treat the water with caustic soda.
84. Which term refers to a transverse curvature of the deck?
85. The site of Harappa is located on the bank of the river
Read more: ॥ Part-2 ॥