1. Which of the following Social Reforms was not considered essential by Gandhi for the transformation of society?
- Hindu-Muslim unity
- Abolition of Varna system
- Abolition of Untouchability
2. The Dandi March was started by Gandhi on:
- March 10, 1930
- March 15, 1930
- March 21, 1930
- March 12, 1930
3. In which special session of the Congress, Gandhi presented for approval of his idea of Satyagraha against the government?
- Bombay, 1918
- Ahmedabad, 1921
- Calcutta, 1920
- Amritsar, 1919
4. When did Gandhi realize that his struggle in India was not based on the Non-violence of the Brave?
5. Which is not the feature of Gandhi’s theory of Trusteeship?
- Change of capitalist society into an equalitarian one
- Fixation of upper and lower limits of incomes
- The character of production to be determined by social necessity
- The government should be made the owner of the lives of people
6. Which of the following rates is not determined by RBI?
- Bank rate
7. Who is known as the father of ‘White Revolution’ in India?
- S. Swaminathan
- P. Pal
- N. Bahl
- V. Kurien
8. When did the Kisan Credit Cart Scheme for the farmers start in India?
9. The concept of Small Scale Industries (SSI) was brought to force by the:
- Industrial Policy Resolution,1948
- Industrial Policy Resolution,1956
- Industrial Policy Statement,1977
- None of the above
10. Who recommends the MSP and issue prices?
- Ministry of Agriculture
- Commission for Agricultural Cost and Prices
- NITI Aayog
11. India economy is a type of :
- Capitalist economy
- Socialist economy
- Mixed economy
- Monopolistic economy
12. When has the Population Policy been implemented?
- 15th February 2000
- 15th February 2001
- 15th February 2002
- 14th February 2000
13. What is the basic objective of Public Distribution System in India?
- To control the market price
- To ensure food security for poor
- To control black marketing
- To encourage export
14. The second green revolution is focused on:
- Agriculture stability
- Environment issues
- Reducing rural imbalances
- All of the above
15. Which sector of Indian economy has disguised unemployment?
16. One horsepower of electric power is equal to :
- 746 Watts
- 1000 Watts
- 375 Watts
- 220 Watts
17. When a bar magnet suspended freely with a thread, it will always rest along :
- South-North direction
- North-South direction
- East-West direction
- West-East direction
18. The main constituent of the compressed natural gas (CNG) is :
19. The short-sightedness (myopia) defect in human eyes can be corrected by using :
- Plano-concave lens
- Plano-convex lens
- Concave lens
- Convex lens
20. Which one is responsible for the souring of milk?
- Citric Acid
- Lactic Acid
- Acetic Acid
- Formic Acid
21. Which of the following is the most abundant metal in Earth’s crust?
22. Atoms of different elements with different atomic numbers, which have same mass number are known as :
23. Which of the following pollutants is the major cause of respiratory diseases?
- Nitrogen oxide
- Carbon monoxide
- Suspended fine particles
- Volatile organic compounds
24. Who discovered the nucleus in the cell?
- Robert Hooke
- Robert Brown
25. Bats search their prey and fly in dark night by emitting and detecting reflections of :
- Infrasonic waves
- Ultrasonic waves
- Ultraviolet waves
- Infrared waves
26. Trisul peak lies in the state of :
- Himachal Pradesh
- Uttar Pradesh
27. Which one of the following is not a biosphere reserve?
28. Ramsar Convention was held in :
29. Karewa soil is found in the state of :
- Arunachal Pradesh
- Jammu & Kashmir
30. Which one of the following is not a deciduous tree?
31. Which one of the following rivers flows from east to west?
32. Which one of the following separates the Andaman from the Nicobar Islands?
- 8 degree Channel
- 9 degree Channel
- 10 degree Channel
- 11 degree Channel
33. Which one of the following is not correctly matched ?
- Dulhasti ——– Chenab
- Rihand Dam ——-Ken
- Pachet Dam ——-Damodar
- Tehri Dam—— Bhagirathi
34. Asian Disaster Preparedness Centre is at :
- None of the above
35. How much of India’s coastline is vulnerable to Disasters?
- 5340 km
- 5400 km
- 6200 km
- 5700 km
36. Which President of India wrote the book ‘The Turbulent Years, 1980-1996’?
- Pranab Mukherjee
- P.J. Abdul Kalam
- R. Narayanan
- Ram Nath Kovind
37. Who was first President of B.J.P. when it was established on 6th April 1980 ?
- Atal Behari Vajpayee
- Shyma Prasad Mukherji
- L.K. Advani
- Murli Monohar Joshi
38. Among the following who has been the Commanders-in-Chief of Indian Army after independence?
- General Sir Rob Lockhart
- General Sir Roy Bucher
- General (Later Field Marshal) K.M. Cariappa
- All of the above
39. In the Commonwealth Games at Gold Coast 2018 in which sport all the participants of India got medals?
40. Who won the “Khel Ratna Award” in 2017?
- Devendra Jhajharia
- Sardar Singh
- Devendra Jhajharia & Sardar Singh Both
- Dipa Karmakar
41. Who was the Chief Guest in the 68th Republic Day parade on 26th January 2017?
- Prince of Abu Dhabi
- President of Iran
- President of Russia
- President of the USA
42. Who has been recently appointed as Head of BCCI by the Hon’ble Supreme Court?
- Anurag Thakur
- Sharad Pawar
- Vinod Rai
- Rajiv Shukla
43. Which opposition candidate contested Presidential election against ruling party’s candidate Ram Nath Kovind?
- Meira Kumar
- Meira Nair
- Rajmohan Gandhi
- Renuka Choudhary
44. Which Indian city has been declared as World’s Heritage City by UNESCO in 2017?
45. Who is appointed as Chief of Film Censor Board in India in 2017?
- Prasoon Joshi
- Anupam Kher
- Sharmila Tagore
- Babul Supriyo