1. In which district of H.P. is Sorong Lake?
2. Which of the following is a tributary of the Ravi?
3. Which pass joins outer and inner Seraj?
4. In which district of H.P. is Guru Ghantal Gompa?
5. Rakchham Chitkul Sanctuary is near?
6. At which place in Shimla district there is a sheep Breeding Farm?
7. In which city of H.P. was the first branch of the all-women bank opened around 2014?
8. Near which place in Shimla district is Sipi Fair held ?
9. Which Raja of Chamba changed the capital of his state from Brahmpura to Chamba?
- Meru Verman
- Mushan Varman
- Shahil Varman
- Hans Varman
10. Who was the Speaker of H.P. Vidhan Sabha in 1972?
- Lekh Ram Thakur
- Rana Kultar Chand
- Des Raj Mahajan
- Vidya Dhar
11. Which state of India is the Kuki tribe mainly found?
12. What is the motto NCC?
- Knowledge and discipline
- Discipline and Strength
- Unity and discipline
- Knowledge, Discipline, and Unity
13. Who played the role of Kasturba in the film ‘Gandhi”?
- Shabana Azmi
- Nirmala Sen
- Bhanu Athaiya
- Rohini Hattapgadi
14. Who is the author of A Passage to India?
- M. Forster
- Nirad C. Chaudhuri
- Amartya Sen
- Ranjit Guha
15. M.S. Swaminathan is a
- Agriculture Scientist
- Nuclear Scientist
16. Abiy Ahmed, the Nobel Laureate, belongs to?
17. Which city, among the following, is called ‘Forbidden City’?
- Huang Ho
18. To which country did Copernicus belong?
19. On July 21, 1969 two persons walked on the moon. One of them was Neil Armstrong. Who was the other?
- Susan Helmsmade
- Boris Volynor
- Buzz Aldrin
- Aleksei Yeliseyeu
20. Near which river is Banawali Indus Valley civilization site?
21. The term, ‘Safety Valve’ was which political formation in India?
- Indian National Congress
- Muslim League
- Hindu Mahasabha
- Communist Party of India
22. Which one of the following was not the method advocated by the Moderates?
23. Which of the following State/ Province had the largest representation in the Constituent Assembly?
- Central Province
- United Province
- West Bengal
24. The ‘Basic Features’ Principle was expounded for the first time in which one of the following cases?
- Sajjan Singh
- Golak Nath
- Kesavananda Bharati
- Minerva Mills
25. Which one of the following is correct with regard to the Vice President of India?
- Only elected members of the Parliament Participate in the election of the Vice President
- The vice president presides over the joint sitting of the two house
- The vice president draws a salary as the ex-officio chairman of the Rajya Sabha
- The vice President is removed through the process of impeachment
26. What is Untrue with regard to Article 370 of the Constitution?
- It provided special status to the State of Jammu and Kashmir
- It is mentioned in part XXI of the Constitution
- It was revoked through a Presidential Order and the passage of a Resolution in the Parliament
- It has finally been removed from the Constitution
27. Match the following columns:
- second (1)Three Lists
- seventh (2)Salaries of Officials holding
- tenth (3) Municipalities
- twelfth (iv) Anti-defection Provisions
Choose the Correct answer :
- (i) – (1), (ii)- (2), (iii)- (4), (iv)- (3)
- (i) – (2), (ii)- (1), (iii)- (4), (iv)- (3)
- (i) – (1), (ii)- (4), (iii)- (2), (iv)- (3)
- (i) – (2), (ii)- (1), (iii)- (3), (iv)- (4)
28. Find the correct pair in terms of the features adopted by India from other constitutions:
- Directive Principles of State Policy – British Constitution
- Fundamental Duties – Former Soviet Union
- Concurrent List – France
- Judicial Activism – USA
29. Whose duty is it to provide opportunities for education to the child from the age of 6 to 14 years as per the Fundamental Duty added to the Constitution of India in 2002?
- Parent/ Guardian
- State/ Government
30. The ‘ right for all to speak and none to hear’ takes place under:
- Zero hour
- Question Hour
- Joint Session
- Adjournment Motion
31. The National Register of Citizenship (NRC) deals with which of part of the Constitution ?
32. . The term, ‘Third Democratic Upsurge’ in Indian politics refers to the participation by :
- Civil Society
- Political society
- Market society
- All of the above
33. Which of the following Lok Sabha has the maximum number of women Parliamentarians elected?
- First Lok Sabha
- Fifth Lok Sabha
- Fifteenth Lok Sabha
- Seventeenth Lok sabha
34. Who among the following was not the member of the Syndicate that governed the Congress System?
- SK Patil
- K. Kamraj
- Morajji Desai
35. Who advocated the ‘harm principle’ ?
- J S Mill
- Jeremy Bentham
- Friedrich Hayek
- Robert Nozick
36. Which one of the following is not the form of alienation outlined by Marx?
- Alienation from the product
- Alienation from society
- Alienation from the self
- Alienation from the class
37. Match the following and choose the correct answer from the given codes:
Thinkers Idea of State
- JS Mill (1) Nation-State
- Jeremy Bentham (2) Laissez-Faire State
- Hegel (3) Welfare State
- Marx (4) Bourgeois State
Choose the correct answer from the given Codes:
- (i) – (2), (ii) – (3), (iii) – (1), (iv) – (4)
- (i) – (3), (ii) – (2), (iii) – (4), (iv) – (1)
- (i) – (2), (ii) – (3), (iii) – (4), (iv) – (1)
- (i) – (1), (ii) – (3), (iii) – (2), (iv) – (4)
38. ‘Credo of Relevance’ is associated with which one of the following?
- Post- Behaviouralism
- Neo- Positivism
39. Who advocated ‘Harrenvolk Democracy’?
- J S Mill
- G D H Cole
- L van den Berghe
- Arendt Lijphart
40. The idea of ‘Governmentality’ is associated with :
41. Multiculturalism is broadly associated with which one of the following principle?
- Both acceptance and reverence
- Acceptance but not reverence
42. Match the Incorrect pair:
- Karl Popper – Falsification
- Thomas Kuhn – Paradigm
- Jurgen Habermas – Hermeneutics
- Daniel Bell – End of History
43. Who says that ‘We can have Russian men, French men, English men but not men’ ?
- James Mill
- Jeremy Bentham
- Isaiah Berlin
- R H Tawney
44. Who equated corruption with ‘Fish underwater’?
- Jaya Prakash Narayan
45. Vivekananda authored?
- Vartman Bharat
- All of these