46. Satyagraha in Gandhian principles actually originated from :
47. Find the Incorrect pair:
- Bal Gangadhar Tilak — Founder of Maratha Newspaper
- Tagore – Deconstruction of the idea of Nationalism
- Sri Aurobindo – Exponent of Spiritual Nationalism
- Periya – Religion as the dividing factor between North and South
48. The idea of Hindutva as outlined by V D Savarkar was not based on :
- Birth Land
- Father Land
- Mother Land
- Holy Land
49. Match the following and choose the correct answer from the code :
- M N Roy 1. Chaukhamba Rajniti
- Ram Manohar Lohia 2. New Humanism
- Jaya Prakash Narayan 3. Chitti
- Deendayal Upadhyaya 4. Total Revolution
50. Which one of the following democracy was at the heart of Ambedkar?
- Political Democracy
- Social Democracy
- Economic Democracy
- Cultural Democracy
51. Arrange the following books in chronological order in terms of their publication:
- The Prince
- The Leviathan
- Social Contract
Choose the answer from the given Codes:
52. Who said that one who doesn’t take part in the running of the community’s affairs is either a beast or a god?
- Saint Paul
53. Who is the author of the book, The Emile?
- J S Mill
54. Who viewed Justice in terms of ‘doing good to friends and harm to enemies’?
55. Who said, ‘Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere’?
- Abraham Lincoln
- Malcolm X
- Mahatma Gandhi
- Martin Luther King, Jr
56. Which of the following is regarded as the ‘Charter of Liberties’?
- Code of Hammurabi, 1780 BC
- Magna Carta, 1215
- Habeas Corpus Act, 1969
- Bill of Rights, 1689
57. J S Mill is seen as a :
- Pluralist Democrat
- Reluctant Democrat
- Supportive Democrat
- Assertive Democrat
58. Who differentiated ‘ Qualitative pleasures’ from ‘Quantitative pleasures’?
- John Stuart Mill
- Jeremy Bentham
- T H Green
- Jurgen Habermas
59. Who said freedom is possible only in a free society?
- Adam Smith
- John Stuart Mill
- Jean-Jacques Rousseau
- Karl Marx
60. Which of the following is an incorrect match?
- John Stuart Mill – empty Liberty
- Jeremy Bentham – pleasure – Pain Theory
- T H Green – Social Consciousness
- John Rawls – Demonstrative Justice
61. What is correct with regard to the Structural-Functional Approach in comparative politics?
- It was an extension of the political System approach
- It had four structures – Legislature, Executive, Judiciary, Media
- It was advocated by Almond Powell
- All of these
62. Knesset is the name of the Parliament of which one of the following countries?
- New Zealand
63. The cabinet is originated from the word?
64. The practice of ‘filibustering’ as practiced in the Senate is associated with :
- Freedom of Speech
- Freedom of Employment
- Freedom of Assembly
- Freedom of Movement
65. Salience of the Silence: The Silent Voters’ is associated with:
- Larry diamond
- Peter Mair
- Rommel and Parkin
- None of these
66. Match the following and choose the correct answer from the given codes:
- Sydney Verba 1. Political System
- Lucian Pye 2. Political Development
- David Easton 3. Political Modernize.
- Edward Shils 4. Political Culture
67. Who among the following advocated social revolution ?
- Barrington Moore
- Crane Brinton
- Samuel P Huntington
- Theda Skocpol
68. Countries of the Third World are now called?
- Countries of the Global South
- Developing Countries
- Countries of South
- Southern Countries
69. Match the following and choose the correct answer from the given codes:
Theory/ Approach Thinkers
- Decision-Making 1. Morton Kaplan
- Systems Richard 2. C Snyder
- Communications 3. Kenneth Waltz
- Neorealism 4. Karl Deutsch
70. Zero Sum Game outlines which one of the following?
- losses and profits remain zero
- losses overcome profits
- profits overcome losses
- none of these
71. ‘if freedom is wanted, insecurity must be accepted’ is associated with which one of the following?
- Classical Realism
- Offensive Realism
- Structural realism
- Defensive Realism
72. What is the current strength of the United Nations?
73. Which of the following has not been the foreign policy of India?
- Look East Policy
- Look West Policy
- Act East Policy
- Act West Policy
74. The term ‘Black Box’ is associated with which one of the following theory of International Relations?
75. Which of the following is true with regard to ‘Détente’?
- Beginning of the Cold War between the United States and the former Soviet Union
- End of the Second World War between the Axis and the Allied power
- End of Cold War and the disintegration of the former Soviet Union
- Thaw in tensed relations between the United States and Former Soviet Union during the Cold War
76. World Trade Organization was created as a result of :
- Uruguay round of negotiations
- Doha Development Agenda
- Bali Negotiations
- Copenhagen negotiations
77. Who is the current Secretary-General of SAARC??
- Arjun Bahadur Thapa
- Amjed Hussain B Sial
- Ahmed Saleem
- Sheel Kant Sharma
78. Who coined the term ‘ Smart power’ among the following?
- Hedley Bull
- Suzanne Nossel
- Cynthia Weber
- Chris Brown
79. Government program ‘Ayushman Bharat’ deals with :
- Education of children
- Protection of girl child
- Addressing public grievances
- Providing health insurance
80. What does the term ‘SALA’ mean in public administration?
- Administration of developing countries.
- Economy of developing countries
- Social System
- Political Culture
81. Minnowbrook, the venue for new public administration, is located in which one of the following university?
- Harvard University
- Syracuse University
- Oxford University
- Chicago University
82. As per the latest Corruption perceptions Index, 2018 which of the following nations are listed as the most clean nations?
- Denmark/ New Zealand
- Sweden? Singapore
- USA/ UK
- Somalia / Sudan
83. The term ‘governance’ is derived from the Latin word:
84. Identify the Incorrect pair:
- Singhvi Committee — Panchayati Raj
- Santhanam Committee — Corruption
- Kothari Commission — Education
- Punchhi Commission — Center State relations
85. Which of the following is not a constitutional right granted to the Indian citizens?