Syllabus for the Post of HAS/HPAS Preliminary Exam – Himachal Pradesh
Paper I (General Studies)
This paper shall be of 200 marks and there shall be 100 objective type questions from the syllabus of:
- Political Science
- Art & culture
- Socio-economic developments of Himachal Pradesh.
- Current events of National and International Importance
- History of India and Indian national movement
- Indian and World geography
- The physical, social, economic geography of India and the world
- Indian polity and governance- Constitution, political system, Panchayati Raj, Public Policy, Rights issues, et al.
- Economics and social development – sustainable development poverty, inclusion, demographics, social sector initiatives et al.
- General issues on environment ecology, bio-diversity, climate change and General Science.
Paper-II (Aptitude test):
This paper shall be of 200 marks and there shall be 100 objective type questions from the:
- Interpersonal skills including communication skills, Logical reasoning, and analytical ability
- Decision making and problem-solving
- General Mental ability
- Basic numeracy (numbers and their relations, orders of magnitude et al. (Class X level)
- Data interpretation (charts, graphs, tables, data sufficiency et al. – Class X level).
- English language comprehension skills (Class X level).