State Government is determined to provide quality education to students of the state and has launched several schemes in the state. To encourage the students of the state to perform better, the state government is also is also implementing several scholarship schemes. With this objective, the state government is implementing Medha Protshan Yojna for getting coaching to meritorious students for preparing themselves to compete in national level competitive examinations after 12th Standard.
What is HP Swaran Jayanti Middle Merit Scholarship Scheme?
To identify and nurture talent at an early stage, the state government is implementing Himachal Pradesh Swaran Jayanti Middle Merit Scholarship Scheme for Government schools.
Under the scheme, scholarship will be provided to meritorious students studying in class 6th, 7th and 8th of state government schools.
The students are selected for the scholarship scheme through a state-level examination, which is conducted by the SCERT, Solan, every year.
Under the scheme, rupees four thousand per month is given to meritorious student in class 6th, rupees five thousand per month in class 7th and rupees six thousand per month in class 8th.
Under the scheme, total hundred scholarships would be distributed among twelve districts of the state, as per quota determined based on an average enrollment of government schools in the state.
Five scholarships would be provided to students of Bilaspur, 12 scholarships to students of Chamba, five scholarships to students of Hamirpur, 14 scholarships to students of Kangra, one scholarship to student of Kinnaur, eight scholarships to students of Kullu, one scholarship to student of Lahaul- Spiti, 14 scholarships to students of Mandi, seven scholarships to students of Una, 11 scholarships each to students of Shimla, Sirmour and Solan.
What are the conditions to avail HP Swaran Jayanti Middle Merit Scholarship Scheme?
- To avail the benefit of the scheme for consecutive three years, the student must continue to study in the government school without repeating any class.
- It would be mandatory for the students to have at least 75 percent attendance during the session for which the student is to be awarded the scholarship.
- In genuine case of acute illness or any medical exigency, condition of 75 percent attendance will not be applicable.
- Structure, Organisation, and Functioning of Statutory, Regulatory and various Quasi-Judicial Bodies in Himachal Pradesh – HPAS Mains
- Demographic profile and Human resource, Sectoral distribution of Gross State Domestic Product (GSDP) -HPAS Mains