Today we discuss about the Lokayukta of Himachal Pradesh.
Lokayukta investigates the cases of corruption, where substantiated, recommend action. He is a great check on corruption, brings about transparency in the system, and makes administrative machinery citizenship friendly.
Lakayukta have been inducted in Himachal Pradesh in 1983. Following have occupied this office since then.
1) Justice T.V.R. Tatachari (Tenure – 17.08.1983 to 16.08.1988)
2) Justice R.B. Mishra (Tenure – 04.11.1988 to 03.11.1993)
3) Justice P.C. Balakrishnamenon (Tenure – 02.02.1994 to 11.07.1999)
4) Justice Om Prakash (Tenure – 12.07.1999 to 07.05.2002)
5) Justice Bhawani Singh (Tenure – 07.05.2006 to 05.04.2011)
6) Justice Lokeshwar Singh Panta (Tenure – 03.02.2012 to continue)
Kindly point out mistakes, if any in the comment section.
Liked the article? We’re a non-profit website. Make a donation and help us build our work.