Himachal Pradesh Weekly Current Affairs:
State Government successfully implementing Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Yojna:
- Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Yojna was being implemented in the State effectively in the wake of corona pandemic and targeted groups have received much-needed relief.
- Government of India has given insurance cover of Rs. 50 lakh to the health personnel engaged in combating COVID-19.
- State Government has decided to give ex–gratia of Rs. 50 lakh to all the frontline workers of other departments engaged directly in fighting COVID-19.
- Government of India will deposit Rs. 2000 in the bank accounts of 868915 farmers identified under Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojna, by spending an amount of Rs. 173 crore.
- Rs. 500 as ex–gratia was being credited every month for the next three months into the accounts of women account holders under Pradhan Mantri Jan-Dhan Yojna. So far 590306 beneficiaries have been benefitted by providing Rs. 29.5 crore.
- All the beneficiaries of Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojna were being given one gas cylinder free of cost each month for three months.
- State Government had also started paying of Rs. 2000 to workers in March and April for their wage loss registered under H.P. Building and other Construction Workers Welfare Board.
- Several MGNREGA workers would be benefitted through HP Buildings and Construction Workers Welfare Board. Wage admissible under MGNREGA has been enhanced by Rs. 20 per day from 1st April, 2020.
- State Government has also provided enhanced social security pension to 569058 beneficiaries on which an amount of Rs. 217.85 crore had been spent.
- Under NFSA, 5 kg of rice per person per month and one kg pulse per family per month was being provided free of cost to the beneficiaries from April to June, 2020.
- Union Government has also decided to increase Collateral Security free loan limit for women self help groups from present Rs. 10 lakh to Rs. 20 lakh to benefit these groups.
Jal Jeevan Mission envisages to provide tapped water to every household by August, 2022:
- The Jal Jeevan Mission, a flagship programme of Government not only seeks to provide functional household tap connections to all but also intends to promote the holistic management of local water resources.
- The State had coverage of about 57 percent at the time of launch of the Jal Jeevan Mission in the State.
- The focus of the scheme was the development of piped water supply infrastructure for tapped water, development of reliable drinking water resources and effective water management.
- This scheme envisages providing tapped water to all the 16,68,523 households by 31st August, 2022.
- As on 1st April, 2020 about 7,47,794 households have fully functional household tapped connections. A target has been fixed to provide 2,44,351 tapped water connections during 2020-21.
H.P. Government to adopt a three-pronged strategy to tackle COVID-19 menace:
The State Government would adopt a three-pronged strategy to tackle the menace of coronavirus effectively in the State.
The State Government would increase the capacity of investigation of samples of coronavirus so that maximum people could be examined.
The government would be identifying the three types of institutions where the treatment of COVID-19 of people could be done.
- The asymptotic people would be kept in COVID care centres,
- Moderate symptomatic people would be kept in COVID Health Centres and,
- severe symptomatic would be kept in COVID Hospitals.
The health department had set up Whatsapp number 01792227328 to provide other health services to the people in addition to COVID-19.
Dungiyani fire incident:
- Dungiyani fire accident took place at Dungiyani Village of Chirgaon Tehsil in Rohru subdivision of Shimla district.
- In this incident, 80 years woman has died several houses have gutted into the fire.
Fire incident in Shishtwari village:
- This incident took place in village Shishtwari of Gram Panchayat Pekha, Chirgaon, Rohru in Shimla district
- In this incident, one person has died, two persons sustained injuries and seven houses were gutted into the fire, affecting 11 families in this incident.
Prime Minister appreciates CM for effectively undertaking ACF Campaign:
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi appreciated the efforts of Chief Minister of HP for effectively undertaking Active Case Finding (ACF) Campaign in Himachal Pradesh which has helped in screening of the whole population of the State for any Influenza-Like Illness symptoms.
Read more: HP Current Affairs [Weekly and Monthly]
Stay updated with us: