Attempt all questions. Answer to Question No. 1 to 15 should not exceed to 60 words in each case. Contents of the answers are more important than their length. Each question carries 4 marks.
1. Write four important features of the new trade policy of India.
2. Name any four challenges before commercial banks in India today.
3. What is inflation targeting?
4. What are the features of the National Manufacturing Policy?
5. Write explanatory notes on “Aditya” Misson of Indian Space Research Organization.
6. Discuss the objectives of Mars Orbiter Misson launched by ISRO.
7. Explain the importance of the Cartosat-2 satellite for Urban Planning.
8. What are the main features of the Ramsar Wetland Convention on Wetland Conservation?
9. What role can the National Water Mission play in the conservation of natural resources in India?
10. Discuss the salient features of the Indian Wildlife Protection Act 1972.
11. Discuss various initiatives of the Himachal Pradesh Government for conservation and management of the aromatic plants.
12. Describe the preamble of the establishment of AGISAC (Aryabhata Geo-Informatics Space Application Centre) in Himachal Pradesh?
13. Discuss the initiatives of Himachal Pradesh Government for carbon positive and environmentally sustainable watersheds.
14. Describe key deliverables of HIMSWAN (Himachal State Wide Area Network).
15. Describe the objectives and status of digitalizaton land records of Himachal Pradesh.
Attempt all questions. Answer to Question No. 16 to 25 should not exceed to 120 words in each case. Contents of the answers are more important than their length. Each question carries 8 marks.
16. What is PQLI? Explain its indicator and computations.
17. Describe the potential and limitation of Hydropower development in India.
18. Describe the space segment and objectives of the Indian Regional Navigation Satellite System (IRNSS).
19. Describe about six major ‘criteria air pollutant’ enlisted by EPA (Environment Protection Agency).
20. Write a note on the concept and principles of Organic farming.
21. Describe the various parameters used in the process of Environmental Impact Assesment.
22. Give an account on different strategies for implementation of National Mission for Sustainable Agriculture.
23. Explain various programmes for the development of Horticulture in Himachal Pradesh.
24. Explain the progress of Dudh Ganga Yojna in Himachal Pradesh.
25. Explain the schemes started in Himachal Pradesh for sustainable forests.
Attempt all questions. Answer to Question No. 26 to 28 should not exceed to 400 words in each case. Contents of the answers are more important than their length. Each question carries 20 marks.
26. Discuss the problems and performance of Public Sector Enterprises in India.
27. “Polar Earth Observation Satellites has revolutionised the mappping and management of natural resources”. Elaborate this statement in Indina context.
28. Explain different initiatives undertaken by the Government of Himachal Pradesh for improvement of socio-cultural aspects of tourism. Do these initiatives have the potential to strengthen the Eco-Tourism in Himachal Pradesh?
Read also: All Mains Papers of HAS