Attempt all questions. Answer to Question No. 1 to 15 should not exceed 60 words in each case. Contents of the answers are more important than their length. Each question carries 4 marks.
1. Throw light on the salient features of Mauryan architecture.
2. Describe the main provisions of the Government of India Act 1858.
3. Write a note on the significance of Sangam literature.
4. Describe the legislative measures adopted by the British in the area of social reform in India during the 19th century.
5. Write a short note on the national disaster management authority.
6. What is Operation Flood in India?
7. What do you understand by the burst of Monsoon in India?
8. Explain the rules of endogamy and exogamy.
9. Mention the historical background of the Satyagraha movement
10. What is Jan Lokpal Bill?
11. What is Bata-Satta ritual in Himachal Pradesh mention its functions?
12. Mention the principles of inclusion under the tribal development framework of Himachal Pradesh?
13. Discus the social implications of Karewa for women in Himachal Pradesh?
14. Discus the basic challenges encounter for the inclusion in of tribals in Himachal Pradesh?
15. Discuss the provision of the act which helps in preventing land alienation among tribal communities of Himachal Pradesh?
Attempt all questions. Answer to Question No. 16 to 25 should not exceed to 120 words in each case. Contents of the answers are more important than their length. Each question carries 8 marks.
16. Write a critical note on the Rise and growth of capitalism in Europe.
17. Explain the factors responsible for the distribution of the sugar industry in India.
18. State the geographical factors which influence the rural house type in India.
19. Highlight various characteristics of monsoonal rainfall in India.
20. Discus various measures f for the development of drought-prone areas of India.
21. Examine the protection of women from domestic violence act.
22. Critically examine the core values in the domain of public service
23. Throw light on the important Buddhist monasteries and their salient features in Himachal Pradesh.
24. Discus critically the relation of Mughals with the Kangra hill state 1562 1707 A.D.
25. Highlight the activities of Sirmour Praja Mandal and Chamba Praja Mandal in Himachal Pradesh.
Attempt all questions. Answer to Question No. 26 to 28 should not exceed to 400 words in each case. Contents of the answers are more important than their length. Each question carries 20 marks.
26. Do you agree with this point of view that the growth of communal politics in India leads to partition also discuss how to eradicate the problem of communalism.
27. Corruption has become an all-pervasive phenomenon in our society. Discuss the main causes and consequences of it in the development of our society.
28. While giving suitable examples discuss the major hurdles in the horticultural development of Himachal Pradesh.