Attempt all questions. Answer to Question No. 1 to 15 should not exceed 60 words in each case. Contents of the answers are more important than their length. Each question carries 4 marks.
1. Discuss about the emergency powers of the Indian President.
2. Explain why India is called a Quasi Federal state.
3. Describe the procedure of how a bill becomes an act.
4. What do you mean by judicial activism in India?
5. What are the Self-Help Groups?
6. Discuss the essential characteristics of local government.
7. Discuss various welfare schemes for women in India.
8. National security is of Paramount importance for any Nation. Discuss about the organisational structure of the National Security Council in India.
9. United Nations is facing a number of existential challenges what is meant by the democratic nation of the United Nation?
10. Kartarpur corridor has been in use for security and religious reason both within India and between India and Pakistan what is the importance of Kartarpur corridor for India Pakistan relations.
11. Describe the role of the Praja Mandal Movement in Himachal Pradesh during India’s freedom struggle.
12. Examine the role of socio-economic factors for the birth of the two-party system in Himachal Pradesh.
13. Describe how state reorganization in past has affected the contemporary politics of Himachal Pradesh.
14. Describe Himachal Pradesh’s journey to become a democratic state.
15. Give reasons why politics in Himachal Pradesh largely remained bipolar game.
Attempt all questions. Answer to Question No. 16 to 25 should not exceed to 120 words in each case. Contents of the answers are more important than their length. Each question carries 8 marks.
16. Analyse the problem of centre-state relations in India.
17. Examine the power of Judicial review as enjoyed by the Supreme Court of India.
18. “Privatisation is not a Panacea for managing the mismanaged public sector enterprise”. Elaborate.
19. Municipal governance in India is facing serious challenges post 74th Constitutional Amendment. Examine.
20. The policy of globalisation and liberalization has led to faster growth of the Indian economy after 1991. Comment.
21. The 73rd constitutional amendment has resulted in genuine devolution of power and resources to the Panchayati Raj institutions in India. Discuss.
22. China’s one belt one road is an ambitious plan to expand its economy. With this in view describe overall China’s belt and Road initiative and its impact on India.
23. India’s engagement with Central Asian republics has been very proactive and constructive in the past few years beside love and hate relations with China. Critically analyze India’s role in the Shanghai cooperation organisation.
24. Development in the South China Sea are seen to be trigger for the third world war. India has joined the QUAD and has strategic interests in the region. With this in view, describe the politics of the Indo Pacific region and policy options for India.
25. Energy is the most vital factor to the development of the economy of any nation. India has made substantial progress in harnessing renewable energy resources in past few years. However, still there are problems to be surmounted. With this in view, examine the major challenges to India’s energy security policy.
Attempt all questions. Answer to Question No. 26 to 28 should not exceed to 400 words in each case. Contents of the answers are more important than their length. Each question carries 20 marks.
26. Describe the electoral reforms required for the smooth functioning of Indian democracy.
27. Discus about the issues of conflict between India and China in the South China Sea.
28. Critically evaluate various Administrative Reforms measures initiated by the government for improving the Service Delivery to its citizens in the state of Himachal Pradesh.