Time Allowed: 3 hours
Maximum Marks: 200
Total Questions: 28
Note: Words limit for Question 1 to 15 (Maximum 60 words)
1. What are the philosophical moorings of Indian Constitution?
2. What are the discretionary powers of the Governor of a State?
3. What is token cut motion?
4. What are the limitations of Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs)?
5. What is Parivarik Mahila Lok Adalat?
6. What are the legal rights of the Senior Citizens under the Senior Citizens Act, 2007?
7. What is ‘Act East Policy’ of India?
8. What do you mean by democratization of United Nations?
9. What are the main highlights of India-Israel strategic partnership?
10. What is the stand of India and China over Doklam issue?
11. Under the H.P. Lokayukta Act of 1883, what are the eligibility conditions for the appointment of Lokayukta?
12. For the village level functionaries of which department in Himachal Pradesh, it is mandatory to attend the meetings of the Gram Sabha in whose Jurisdiction they are posted?
13. What have been the performance of congress and the BJP in the 2012 H.P. Vidhan Sabha elections in terms of votes polled and seats won?
14. What help is being provided in H.P. under the Mukhyamantri Bal Uddhar Yojana to the children who need care, protection and rehabilitation?
15. What are the main activities of National Mission on Sustainable Agriculture (NMSA) in Himachal Pradesh?
Answers to Question No. 16 to 25 should not exceed 120 words in each case.
16. What is parliamentary sovereignty? Do you think Indian Parliament is sovereign?
17. What are the voluntary provisions of the 73rd Constitutional Amendment?
18. Do you agree with the view that Self-Help Groups (SHGs) are more devoted to the task of reducing the sufferings of the poor than the government agencies?
19. Examine the role of civil society in promoting people-centric governance?
20. Discuss India’s policy towards Indo-Pacific region.
21. What is the importance of energy security in India’s foreign policy?
22. Describe the basic facets of India’s extended neighborhood policy.
23. What is Pajhota agitation of 1942 in the Sirmaur pricely state?
24. On what grounds can penalties be imposed by the H.P. State Information Commissioner on the Public Information Officers of the State?
25. What activities have been completed in H.P. under e-District Projects upto 2016-17 fiscal?
Answers to Question No. 26 to 28 should not exceed 400 words in each case.
26. Financial relations between the Union and the States is one of the key areas of contention in Indian federation. Examine.
27. Can India be acknowledged as a major global power in the light of its ‘hard’ and ‘soft’ power capabilities?
28. Trace the journey of Himachal Pradesh from Chief Commissioner’s Province in 1948 to full statehood in 1971.