1) Who was the first biographer on Mahatma Gandhi?
A. Acharya J.B. Kriplani
B. Vinoba Bhave
C. J. Doke
D. Rajendra Prasad
2. Which of the following is not a part of Mahatma Gandhi’s ideology in the Hind Swaraj?
A. India’s Varna system is not an ideal one.
B. Indian civilization is undoubtedly the best because of its immense assimilative power.
C.The industrial capitalism of the West is responsible for all conflicts, for it has divorced economic activities from moral concerns.
D. In our contemporary times, the lawyers, the doctors and the railways are making the country poorer.
3. Of the following, who were the first two Satyagrahis of Mahatma Gandhi in Individual Satyagraha?
A. Vinoba Bhave and Jawaharlal Nehru
B. Vinoba Bhave and Rajendra Prasad
C. Sardar Patel and Vinoba Bhave
D. Rajendra Prasad and Sardar Patel
4. Consider the following statements, and select the correct answer from the codes given below:
1. Gandhi launched the Swadeshi Movement in 1905.
2. In Gandhi’s philosophy, there was no alternative for morality.
3. Gandhi was opposed to renouncing one’s religion.
4. One should not mind meddling into the other’s affairs, if they were opposed to you.
A. 1 and 2
B. 2 and 3
C. 3 and 4
D. 4 and 1
5. What was not a part of Mahatma Gandhi’s Scheme of Education?
A. Free compulsory education for boys and girls from 7 to 14 years.
B. Vocational education.
C. The University education should be for meritorious students only.
D. Its goal is character building and understanding social responsibilities.
6. The direct effect of deficit financing is that:
A. Employment situation worsens.
B. Demand and Supply of output increases.
C. Pushes up prices.
D. Makes market more competitive.
7. In which year was the Fiscal Responsibility and Budget Management Act passes?
8. Vijay Kelkar Committee 2012 was related to which of the following subjects?
A. Banking Reforms
B. Fiscal Consolidation
C. Tax Reforms
9. Which sector has the largest contribution in India’s Gross Domestic Savings?
A. Public Sector
B. Public Sector Enterprises
C. Private Corporate Sector
D. Domestic Sector
10. A rolling plan is a plan for:
A. One year
B. Two years
C. Three years
D. Five years
11. Among the following, the highest Literacy rate is found in:
12. The headquarters of Western Coalfield Ltd. is located at:
13. Pancheshwar Multipurpose Project Treaty has been signed between:
14. Plateau of India divided as MALNAD and MAIDAN Plateau is:
A. Mysore Plateau
B. Telangana Plateau
C. Chota Nagpur Plateau
D. Malwa Plateau
15. Influent drainage, Bangar soil, Doabs are the features of:
A. Indo-Sutlej Plain
B. Ganga Plain
C. Brahmaputra Plain
D. Mahanadi Plain
16. TODA are Tribals Community found in the state of:
C. Andaman and Nicobar
17. India became a signatory to be Ramsar Convention in 1982. Ramsar Convention is related to:
A. Wetland Conservation
B. Lakes Conservation
C. River Conservation
D. All of the above
18. Among the following which river basin having the largest catchment area?
19. Which one of the following stations’ receivers minimum average annual rainfall?
20. Among the following, the Eastern-most location city is:
21. Which of the following statements is wrong about earth?
A. The ozone layer protects the life form the harmful ultraviolet radiations coming from sun.
B. Biodiversity is richest in the tropics
C. Microorganisms play an important role in the nutrient cycling.
D. Nearly 29% of the earth surface is covered by water.
22. Lithosphere is the:
A. Innermost core of earth
B. Part of the earth covered with water
C. The lowest layer of the earth crust which is capable of supporting life
D. The uppermost layer of the earth crust which is capable of supporting life
23. Igneous rocks are formed by the:
A. cooling down of volcanic eruptions
B. deposition and lithification of sediments
C. deposition of plants and dead animals
D. deposition of limestone
24. Which city is known as the silicon valley of India?
25. The main use of a Nuclear Reactor is to:
A. store the radioactive material
B. produce electrical energy from the energy released during nuclear fission
C. measure electric current in a circuit
D. transmit the optical signals and the two-dimensional pictures
26. Compressed natural gas is now being used as better fuel than gasoline for running vehicles because of its:
A. complete combustion and no unburnt release of carbon
B. incomplete combustion and release of methane
C. high ignition temperature
D. low calorific value and the engine remain cool
27. Which one of the following is used in the rearview mirror of the vehicles?
A. Concave mirror
B. Convex mirror
C. Plane mirror
D. Convavo-convex mirror
28. Which one of the following is responsible for the Ozone depletion?
A. Carbon monoxide
B. Sulphur dioxide
C. Nitrogen oxide
29. In children, Kwashiorkor and Marasmur disease are caused by the deficiency of:
A. Vitamin D
B. Vitamin B6
30. RISHTA project in Himachal Pradesh refers to:
A. LED-based street lighting project
B. Tree plantation programme
C. Sarva Sikhsha Abhiyan
D. Road construction
Click the links given below to read other parts: