Q. Where/When was/did Bhag Mal Sautha born?
Ans: Bhag Mal Sautha was born on 23rd September 1899, at village and Post Office Dhar Tehsil Jubbal, District Shimla.
Q. What is the name of Bhag Mal Sautha’s father?
Ans: His father’s name was Shri Misru Mal Sautha.
Q. What was the education qualification of Bhag Mal Sautha?
Ans: Bhag Mal Sautha had a degree in Civil Engineering.
Q. When did Bhag Mal Sautha join Indian National Congress?
Ans: Bhag Mal Sautha joined Indian National Congress (INC) in 1922, became Secretary to the congress.
Q. What was the role of Bhag Mal Sautha in the freedom movement?
- Bhag Mal Sautha was the founder member of ‘Himalayan Riyasti Praja Mandal’.
- He actively participated in the freedom movement and merger movement in the Himalayan States.
- He was the first to be arrested near Ghanahatti, just before ‘Dhami’ Firing Tragedy 1939.
- In all, he was in jail for six months and paid Rs 400 as fine. He was also honoured by the State Government.
- He was elected to State Territorial council 1957.