Attempt all questions. Answer to Question No. 1 to 15 should not exceed to 60 words in each case. Contents of the answers are more important than their length. Each question carries 4 marks.
1. What role can RBI play in tackling back scams?
2. What are the advantages of cashless economy?
3. Differentiate between the role of erstwhile Planning Commission and present NITI Aayog?
4. More than 45% of India’s population is below the age of 25 years. How can it be a boon for the economy?
5. Explain the objectives of Chandrayan-1.
6. What is the role of Indian Space Research Organization.
7. List the advantages of Solar Energy.
8. Write down the use of biofertilizer and biopesticides in organic farming.
9. What are the different approaches for soil conservation?
10. Give an account of different techniques uses less water than flood (furrow) irrigation.
11. What is the average size of each of the various categoris of land-holdings in H.P., ranging from marginal to large (in hectares)?
12. What is the criteria for according special category status to the Himachal Pradesh state?
13. Enumerate any five items which have been patented or for which attempts are being made to het patented in Himachal Pradesh under the Intellectual Property Rights?
14. What steps are being taken in H.P. to ensure zero budget model of natural farming?
15. What are the positive and negatives effectives of promoting tourims in H.P.?
Attempt all questions. Answer to Question No. 16 to 25 should not exceed to 120 words in each case. Contents of the answers are more important than their length. Each question carries 8 marks.
16. “Expansion of manufacturing sector is critical to employment generation in India.” Comment.
17. Describe traditional and modern rainwater harvesting techniques for harvesting rainwater.
18. What are the four principles on which organic agriculture (Farming) is based?
19. Define sustainable agriculture and explain thrust area under the National Missio for sustainable agriculture.
20. Expalin different missions which form the core of National Action Plan on climate change.
21. What do you understand by space technology? Describe the role of space technology for natural resources mapping and management.
22. What do you understand by clean environment friendly energy? List various sources of it.
23. What has been the contribution of various sectors of Economy to the State Gross Domestic Product (SGDP) in H.P. (in percentage terms) during 2016-17 fiscal ?
24. Commenton the preposition that hydel power generation in H.P. needs to strike a balance between the need to protect the environment, on the one hand, and the need to generate revenue and create employment, on the other.
25. What services are being provided by HIMSWAN to bring efficiency and transparency in H.P. in the public adminstration of the state?
Attempt all questions. Answer to Question No. 26 to 28 should not exceed to 400 words in each case. Contents of the answers are more important than their length. Each question carries 20 marks.
26. What are the major challenges in the implementation of GST in India? What impact is it likely to have on the Indian economy in the next five years?
27. India is second to none in the field of space technology? Discuss this in the light of various earth observation missions lauched by India.
28. What are the major impediments in the industrial growth of Himachal Pradesh and what way-out would you suggest?