Attempt all questions. Answer to Question No. 1 to 15 should not exceed 60 words in each case. Contents of the answers are more important than their length. Each question carries 4 marks.
1. Throw light on the chief elements and salient features of Indian cultures.
2. Write a critical note on Satyashodhak Samaj.
3. Thrown light on the salient features of Mughal Paintings.
4. Who were Swarajists? Discuss their activities and role in the Indian National Movement.
5. Suggest two ways of disaster risk reduction with appropriate examples.
6. What do you mean by Nor Wester (Kaal Baisakhi)?
7. What are Mangrove forests?
8. What are the main basis of social stratification?
9. Briefly discuss the relationship between social justice and the empowerment of women.
10. Which are the main features of the Right to Education?
11. Write a brief note on the impact of legal protection to Scheduled Castes in Himachal Pradesh?
12. Write brief note on the forms of family in Himachal Pradesh.
13. Write a brief note on the major shrines of Himachal Pradesh.
14. Write a brief note on the tribes of Himachal Pradesh.
15. Write a brief note on the forms of marriage practiced in Himachal Pradesh.
Attempt all questions. Answer to Question No. 16 to 25 should not exceed to 120 words in each case. Contents of the answers are more important than their length. Each question carries 8 marks.
16. Define the term ‘Industrial Revolution’. Discuss critically socio-economic impacts of the Industrial Revolution in Europe.
17. Compare the east-flowing and the west-flowing rivers of the peninsular plateau.
18. Highlight various socio-demographic consequences of migration.
19. Examine various reasons for the declining child sex ratio in India.
20. Classify Indian cities and towns on the basis of specified functions. Give suitable examples.
21. Discuss the impact of legal provisions for differently-abled people in India.
22. What is the situation of child rights in India? Comment.
23. Write a critical note on ‘Suket Satyagraha’.
24. Throw light on the main features of ‘Basholi and Kangra’ style paintings of Himachal Pradesh.
25. Define the term ‘Sanad’? Describe the objectives, nature, and extension of Sanad.
Attempt all questions. Answer to Question No. 26 to 28 should not exceed to 400 words in each case. Contents of the answers are more important than their length. Each question carries 20 marks.
26. Examine critically, Mahatma Gandhi’s ideas on State, Society, and Sarvodaya.
27. Write a comprehensive note on the changes taking place in the institutions of marriage, family, and kinship in India.
28. Discuss the major problems and prospects of the hydro-power sector in Himachal Pradesh.
Read also: All Mains Papers of HAS