Attempt all questions. Answer to Question No. 1 to 15 should not exceed to 60 words in each case. Contents of the answers are more important than their length. Each question carries 4 marks.
1. What is the basic structure theory regarding the amendment of the Indian Constitution?
2. Describe the emergency powers of the Indian President.
3. What do you mean by the regionalization of Indian politics in the 1990s?
4. Describe the powers of the Election Commission of India.
5. What do you understand by e-Governance?
6. How do you define Good Governance?
7. Discuss major causes of failure of the Panchayati Raj in India.
8. Describe the changing nature of Indian-ASEAN relations in India.
9. Assess about India’s chance to attain the United Nations Security Council (UNSC) permanent seat.
10. Describe India-Iran energy security relations in the wake of US sanctions.
11. Describe the phenomenon of the upper area and lower area politics in Himachal Pradesh.
12. Discuss the role of the Himalayan Hill States Regional Council (HHSRC) in the freedom movement in Himachal Pradesh.
13. During colonial rule which social organization fought for the democratization of administration in Himachal Pradesh and how?
14. Critically examine the role of women in the politics of Himachal Pradesh.
15. Discuss how the cultural divide has affected the politics in Himachal Pradesh.
Attempt all questions. Answer to Question No. 16 to 25 should not exceed to 120 words in each case. Contents of the answers are more important than their length. Each question carries 8 marks.
16. Describe the basic philosophy of the Indian Constitution. Is it relevant in the era of Globalization?
17. “Indian Constitution is federal in form but unitary in spirit”. Comment.
18. ‘India has failed to address the issues of poverty and hunger due to ineffective implementation of governmental policies by successive governments’. Discuss.
19. Examine how the policies of Globalization and Liberalization. How they impacted the Indian econ9omy.
20. Discuss the government policies and interventions for the development of various sectors especially health and education in India.
21. “Public Sector does not enjoy ‘Commanding Heights’ any longer in Indian Economy”. Elaborate this statement.
22. Discuss the important facets of the India-China border dispute.
23. Describe the emerging cooperation between India and Russia.
24. Examine India’s role in the UN Peace-Keeping activities in the post cold war era.
25. Examine the importance of the Shanghai Cooperation Organization (SCO) in fulfilling India’s interest in Central Asia.
Attempt all questions. Answer to Question No. 26 to 28 should not exceed to 400 words in each case. Contents of the answers are more important than their length. Each question carries 20 marks.
26. Since 1990, the paradox of Indian polity has been that it is moving in the direction of Political decentralization and economic centralization. Comment.
27. Critically examine the maritime threats faced by India in the 21st Century.
28. “The implementation of the Himachal Pradesh Public Service GUrantee Act 2011, has led to empowerment of citizens and fixing of accountability of Government offiaials in the state.” Discuss.
Read also: All Mains Papers of HAS