The present district Una comprises of two princely states viz. Jaswan and Kutlehr.
- The old name of Una was Jaswan.
- The capital of Jaswan was Rajpur near Amb which was founded by Purab Chand in 1170 A.D.
- Formerly princely state Kutlehr is a part of Una district.
- Kutlehr was smallest of all principalities in the Kangra area.
- The capital of Kutlehr state was Kot-Kutlehr.
Other important information about district Una:
- Headquarter: Una
- Altitude: 750 meters
- Languages: Pahari (Punjabi), Punjabi, Hindi.
- The district Una lies between North latitude 31°21’ to 31°50’ and East longitude 71°55’ to 76°28’.
- The district Una was created in 1972 A.D.
- Jaswan Dun valley lies in Una District.
- The only river which flows through the district Una is Swan.
Liked the article? We’re a non-profit website. Make a donation and help us build our work.