History & Geography of Hamirpur:
- Hamir Chand (1700 A.D. to 1740 A.D.) is said to be the founder of Hamirpur.
- On 1st September 1972, Hamirpur was created as a separate district.
- Tira Sujanpur was created by Raja Abhay Chand.
- Sujanpur town was first visited by a German, named ‘Traveck’ and then by British traveler named ‘Moorcraft’.
- Mahal Morian fort is in district Hamirpur.
- Combined forces of Raja Ranjit Singh and Raja Sansar Chand defeated Gurkhas in A.D. 1809.
- Jakh dhar lies in the district Hamirpur.
- Palampur Tehsil was created in 1888 A.D.
- Headquarter: Hamirpur
- Altitude: 786 meters
- Languages spoken: Kangri and Hindi
- The district Hamirpur lies between East longitudes 76°18’ to 76°44’ and North latitude 31°52”30’.
Liked the article? We’re a non-profit website. Make a donation and help us build our work.