1. Himachal adjudged Best Big State in Education:
- Himachal Pradesh bagged Best Performing and Implementation Award in Education Sector in Big State’s Category in the India Today State of State’s Survey 2018.
- In HP, Atal Adarsh Awasiya Vidyalaya has been launched for ensuring quality education with ultra modern facilities. 50 per cent of these schools are reserved for girl students.
- Efforts were being made to ensure complete personality development of students along with imparting good education.
- To achieve this, introducing smart classes, incorporation of chess/yoga, ethical education in the educational curriculum are some initiatives, the major one out of all these is sensitization about drug abuse in order to motivate youth to opt for constructive goals in life.
- New scheme Akhand Shiksha Jyoti Mere School Se Nikle Moti has been launched to invoke nostalgia and connecting alumni to roots for inspiring the students as well as channelizing for betterment of infrastructure, undertaking various social activities like promoting plantations and clearance of plastic and polythene material from the surroundings.
2. Vinod Vitthal honoured with Yuva Shikhar Sahitya Samman-2018:
- Vinod Vithhal, who is presently working with a corporate sector company in Kinnaur district of Himachal Pradesh, was earlier associated with journalism.
- Chief Secretary B.K Agarwal said that the Himachal government is committed to promote literature, art and culture and various initiatives have been taken in this direction. He said litterateurs are known as the mirror of the society and they play a pivotal role in giving positive direction and perspective to the society. He said that literature has no limits and the writers give their free viewpoint about the happenings of the society in every sphere.
3. CM condoles demise of folk singer Pratap Chand Sharma:
- Chief Minister Jai Ram Thakur has condoled the demise of popular folk singer and poet Pratap Chand Sharma, who passed away today at the age of 90 at his native village Naleti in Dehra constituency of Kangra District.
- Jai Ram Thakur said that Pratap Chand Sharma contributed a lot to promote the traditional folk music of the state for which he would be remembered for a long time.
4. Himachal becomes the first state to implement ERSS:
- Himachal Pradesh emerged as the first state in the country to implement Emergency Response Support System (ERSS) from Mandi.
- Under this system, all emergency numbers, including 100 for police, 101 for fire, 102 for ambulance and disaster response have been integrated into countrywide one number i.e 112.
- Chief Minister Jai Ram Thakur while thanking the Union Home Minister for selecting Himachal Pradesh for launching this project, said that anybody in distress, especially women would be able to call 112 from landline or mobile phone or by using the ERSS. The ERSS would also help in optimum utilization of manpower and prompt action on all the emergency calls.
5. CM pays tributes to freedom fighter Bhai Hirda Ram:
- Chief Minister Jai Ram Thakur paid floral tributes to noted freedom fighter from Mandi Bhai Hirda Ram on his 133rd birth anniversary by garlanding his statue at Indira Market in Mandi today.
- Bhai Hirda Ram was a noted freedom fighter from Mandi district who fought for the sake of the nation.
- Bhai Hirday Ram shared the prison with Vir Savarkar at Kalapani.
6. Chief Minister to launch campaign against drug abuse on 5 December:
- Chief Minister Jai Ram Thakur will launch a campaign against drug abuse on 5 December, 2018 at Baddi in Solan district.
- CM directed the education department to hold talks in morning school assemblies and organising essay writing, painting and debate competitions on drug menace to make students aware about ill effects of drugs.
- Rallies should also be organised for making general public aware about drug abuse.
- NGOs, representatives of local bodies including Beopar Mandals etc. should be involved in it.
7. Union Minister assures to sanction three more Eklavya schools for Himachal:
- Union Minister of State for Tribal Development Jasvantsinh Bhabhor said that the government of India would provide liberal financial assistance to Himachal Pradesh for carrying out various developmental activities for the welfare of the people residing in the tribal areas of the state.
- Union government would sanction three more Eklavya model residential schools at Pangi, Bharmaur and Lahaul as per the demand raised by the state government.
- The state government has been managing the Nichar Eklavya school efficiently in Kinnaur district.
- The Union Minister said that his Ministry would also provide funds to the state Tribal development department for construction of a building of new Tribal Research Institute at Shimla.
8. Global Investors Meet to be held at Dharamshala in June 2019:
- In order to tap the vast potential of the State in attracting investment in sectors such as tourism, hospitality, resorts, pharmaceutical, MSME, engineering tools, information technology, health and wellness centers, herbal and Ayurved based projects, horticulture, power, food processing, real estate and education etc.,
- The State meeting under the chairmanship of Chief Minister Jai Ram Thakur decided for organizing a ‘Global Investors’ meet on 10-11 June, 2019 in international tourist destination Dharamshala in district Kangra.
- State had been blessed with immense potential in about every sector, but there was a need to harness it with well planned manner so that environment and its fragile ecology did not get disturbed discriminately.
- So far investment potential of Rs. 85,000 crore had been identified and proposed by the respective departments with Rs. 20,000 crore in power sector, Rs. 15,000 crore in manufacturing sector, Rs. 10,000 crore in tourism sector, Rs. 5000 crore in agriculture sector, Rs. 5000 crore in information technology, electronics and skill development, Rs. 5000 in housing and real estate sector, Rs. 5000 crore in health and Ayurveda sector and Rs. 2000 crore in infrastructure on logistics and PWD.
- The State Government would provide all possible help to the potential entrepreneurs to invest in the State.