1. Annual limit criteria fixed for old age pension:
- The state government has fixed the annual limit criteria for availing the benefits old age pension being paid to ex-servicemen/their widows and 2nd world war veterans/ their widows, who are 60 years and above but less than the age of 70 years as Rs. 35,000/- per annum (excluding the income of MNREGA).
- For the beneficiaries aged 70 years and beyond and are not in receipt of any kind of pension, there will be no income limit as per pension procedure in the Welfare Department.
2. CM lays foundation stone of major irrigation scheme at Pooh:
- A major irrigation scheme would be constructed in Gram Panchayat Spillo of Kinnaur district from Lipa to Korla by spending rupees 6 crores and the state government would also sympathetically consider to further extend the time period of Noutor in tribal area ending in December this year to benefit the tribal people.
- This scheme would provide irrigation facilities to the 230-hectare area.
Read more: Irrigation Schemes in Himachal Pradesh
3. Centre clears Rs. 100 crore projects for Himachal Pradesh:
- The government of India has cleared three more proposals for the state amounting to over Rs. 100 crores.
- Rs. 50 crore has been sanctioned for the Swan river channelisation project in Una district, which would check the soil erosion, reclaim land and facilitate the farmers of the district.
- Rs. 30 crores have been approved for sewerage treatment plant of Paonta Sahib in Sirmaur district which would go a long way in keeping the town neat and clean.
- Rs. 27 crores have been sanctioned by the National Highway Authority of India to the state for undertaking repair and maintenance of national highways.
4. CM announces one-time scholarship to 20 topper students of Bal Ashrams:
- The state government would provide one-time scholarship of Rs. 10,000 each to ten boys and ten girls living in Bal Ashrams topping in the joint merit list of the Bal Ashrams/Bal Grih of the state, from 8th to 12th standard annual examinations under the Mukhya Mantri Bal Uddhar Yojana.
5. Chief Minister inaugurates international Renuka Ji fair:
- Chief Minister Jai Ram Thakur today inaugurated the six-day long international Renuka Ji fair by offering prayers before the palanquin of the presiding deity Lord Parshuram at Renuka Ji in Sirmaur district.
- The fair marks the annual union of Lord Parashuram with his mother Goddess Renuka Ji on the eve of ‘Dashmi’.