51. Which state got a separate high court on 1 January 2019, which is the 25th high court of India?
- Andhra Pradesh
52. Which of the following states do not have a bicameral legislature?
- Jammu & Kashmir
- West Bengal
53. Which state first adopted the Panchayati Raj in India in 1959?
54. Which of the following is/are true regarding the Panchayati Raj system?
I. The act won’t apply to the Darjeeling district of West Bengal.
II. Allotment fo seats in constituencies for Panchayat elections cannot be questioned in a court of law.
- Only I
- Only II
- Both I and II
- None of these
55. Which of the following are recommendations of the L.M. Singhvi Committee?
I. Nyaya Panchayat should be created for a cluster of villages.
II. Constitutional recognition for Panchayati Raj institutions.
III. More financial resources for village panachayats.
- II & III
- I & III
- I & II
- All of these
56. PAHAL Scheme is related with?
- Agricultural loan
- Direct transfer of LPG subsidy
- Women education
- Child Education
57. Under which Schedule of Constitution of India can the transfer of tribal land to private parties for mining be declared null and void?
- Third schedule
- Fifth schedule
- Ninth schedule
- Twelfth schedule
58. Rajya Sabha can delay the finance bill sent for the consideration by the Lok Sabha for a maximum period of:
- 14 days
- 15 days
- 1 month
- 6 months
59. The Constitution 86th amendment Act, 2002 deals with
- Right to Education a Fundamental Right for children in the range of 6 to 14 years
- Right to employment a fundamental right
- Right to employment a fundamental right for rural people
- Right to education a Fundamental Right for children in range of 5 – 13 years.
60. National Human Rights Commission is a
- Constitutional Body
- Extra Constitutional body
- Statutory body
- Public-Private body
61. Which Union Ministry has launched a new portal Santusht for effective delivery of public service?
- Ministry of Education
- Ministry of Environment
- Ministry of Labour and Employment
- Ministry of Finance
Note: This question is scrapped by HPPSC.
62. Which state topped the good governance index (GGI), launched by the Central Government on 25th December 2019?
- Tamil Nadu
63. Which on the following was not an Arya Samajist?
- Lala Hansraj
- Baba Ramchandra
- Bhai Parmananda
- Lala Lajpat Rai
64. Which of the following organization was the last to be established?
- Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh
- Hindu Mahasabha
- Satya Sodhak Samaj
- Hindustan Republican Association
65. When was the ‘Vernacular Press Act’ passed?
66. Which one of the following regions did the ‘Pabna’ Revolt (1873-76) take place?
67. In which year was the first session of the ‘Chamber of Princes’ held?
68. Who presided over the commission appointed on Famine Policy in 1880?
- James Lyall
- Richard Strachey
- Anthony Mac Donnel
- John Lawrence
69. Which one of the following attended the ‘Congress of Oppressed Nationalists’ at Brussels in 1927?
- Mahatma Gandhi
- Maulana Abdul Kalam Azad
- Dr B.R. Ambedkar
- Jawaharlal Nehru
70. What was ‘Ulgulan’?
- A Munda Revolt
- A Khasi Revolt
- A bhil Revolt
- A Koya Revolt
71. Which one of the following organizations was the last to be established?
- East India Association
- Madras Mahajan Sabha
- Indian Association
- Poona Sarvajanik Sabha
72. When did the British Prime Minister declare in the British Parliament that transfer of power to responsible India hands will be done by June 1948?
- January 26, 1947
- February 20, 1947
- March 20, 1947
- January 20, 1947
73. Which of the following works was written by ‘Sachindranath Sanyal’ to attract the youth to Revolutionary Nationalism?
- Bhavani Mandir
- Manifesto of Navjawan Sabha
- Philosophy of the Bomb
- Bandi Jivan
74. Which one of the following is not a soil type in India?
75. Jalandhar doab is closely related to which of the following?
- Area between Ghaggar and Sutlej
- Area between Beas and Ravi
- Area between Chenab and Ravi
- Area between Beas and Sutlej