1. HP proposes setting up of State Institute of Para-Medical Science:
- The state government was mulling to open a State Institute of Para Medical Science in the state, for which a proposal would be soon sent for approval of the government of India.
- The institute would go a long way in proper management of the activities of the para-medical staff besides ensuring to fulfill the demands of the staff of the health institutes.
2. Industrial areas Pandoga and Kandrori included in consolidated list of Food Parks :
- Centre Government has included two newly developed state of art industrial areas Pandoga in District Una and Kandrori in District Kangra in the consolidated list of Designated Food Parks under concessional credit scheme of NABARD.
- Biotechnology Park at Auduwal in district Solan was already in the list.
- After the notification food/agro processing units to be set up in these state of art industrial areas in Pandoga, Kandrori and Biotechnology Park at Auduwal these food parks will be eligible for concessional credit from NABARD, and subsidy of 50% of the project cost subject to a maximum of Rs 5 crores under Kisan Sampada Yojna of GOI.
- Ministry has already approved setting up of Agro Processing Cluster at Salol village in district Kangra. This would be set up on 10 acres of land with an investment of Rs 24 crore with facilities like milk chilling, multi commodity cold storage, ware house, pasteurization, sorting, grading and packing having total employment potential of 400 persons. It would also have 5 processing units with total investment of Rs. 56 crore.
3. ‘Smile’ for the children born with clefts in Himachal Pradesh:
- Smile Train India, a non-government organization and National Health Mission, Directorate of Health and Family Welfare, Government of Himachal Pradesh, signed a MOU to enable free surgeries for the children with congenital cleft lip and palate.
- Through this three year partnership, children with untreated clefts will be identified by Rashtriya Bal Swasthya Karyakram (RBSK) by field health workers and referred by the district nodal officer to the nearest Smile Train India partner hospital, for free cleft and palate surgeries.
- Smile Train will support free cleft lip and palate surgeries and post-operative care for the children.
4. 1st International Conference on Sustainable Water Management held:
- First International Conference on “Sustainable Water Management” organized by Bhakra Beas Management Board under the aegis of National Hydrology Project, Ministry of Water Resources, River Development & Ganga Rejuvenation, Government of India at Indian School of Business, Mohali in Punjab.
- The Governor Acharya Devvrat was speaking as a Chief Guest in this conference.
- The Governor said that sustainable development would not be achieved without a water secure world and a water secure world integrates a concern for the intrinsic value of water with a concern for its use for human survival and well-being.
- He suggested that we must conserve our ground water resources and design our urban spaces in such a manner so as to reduce our dependency on ground water sources and invest more in water recycling and rainwater harvesting.
- We must also develop crop rotation techniques to improve the soil structure and enhance water holding capacity of the soil.
- Rainwater harvesting serves multiple purposes, including using the water for irrigation, which is a major concern in India as water from the ground, rivers & lakes is extensively used to water crops.
5. CM releases Sub-Himalayan Journal of Health Research:
- Chief Minister Jai Ram Thakur released Medical Journal ‘Sub-Himalayan Journal of Health Research’ brought out by Dr. Rajendra Prasad Medical College Kangra at Tanda (Dr. RPMC Tanda)
- This publication would go a long way in benefitting the doctors and other medical practitioners of the region as it carry most up-to-date information on the research issues related to the diagnosis and management of diseases afflicting humans, particularly in the Sub-Himalayan areas.