1. Which country took the chairmanship of G-77 (the group of 134 developing countries) within the United Nations?
Explanation: Egypt held the Chairmanship for 2018. Palestine, an observer state of the United Nations, is the chair of the group since January 2019 and Guyana held the chairmanship for 2020.
2. Recently in news, the Bishkek Declaration is related to:
- India Maldives agreement on aviation cooperation
- BRICS Bank
- African Union annual Summit
- Shanghai Cooperation Organization Summit
3. Which former diplomat of India has been awarded the order of rising Sun gold and silver star the second-highest civilian award of Japan?
- S Jai Shankar
- Nirupama Sen
- Shyam Saran
- Ajit Doval
4. Which Northeast India’s political party received the status of a national party recently?
- National peoples’ party
- Assam Gan Parishad
- Sikkim Democratic Front
- Bhartiya Janata Party
5. Which amendment to the constitution of India transfers the subject of education from state list two concurrent lists?
- 11th amendment
- 39th amendment
- 42nd amendment
- 61st amendment
6. Which of the following statements is not correct in relation to the electoral bonds?
- Only those political parties are eligible to receive electoral bonds which have received at least 1% votes in the previous Lok Sabha election
- State Bank of India is the only Bank authorized to issue electoral bonds
- Electoral bonds would bring a reduction in the cash donations to political parties
- Even after the expiry of the validity period, the political parties can obtain a payment upon submission of electoral bonds
Explanation: The bonds remain valid for 15 days and can be encashed by an eligible political party only through a bank account with the authorized bank within that period only.
7. Which place in southern India recently in news for its Local Coffee variety Robusta coffee receiving a geographical indicator recognition?
- Araku Andhra Pradesh
- Chikmagalur Karnataka
- Coorg Karnataka
- Wayanad Kerala
Explanation: The Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade, under the Ministry of Commerce and Industry, has recently awarded this tag to — Coorg Arabica coffee from Karnataka, Wayanad Robusta coffee from Kerala, Chikmaglur Arabica from Karnataka, Araku Valley Arabica from Andhra Pradesh, and Bababudangiris Arabica coffee from Karnataka.
8. Consider the following statements about the Asia-Africa growth corridor
1. it has been jointly proposed by India and Japan
2. it is being seen as a response to China’s one belt one road Project
Which of the statements is/are correct?
- 1 only
- 2 only
9. Which states are party to the Mahadayi river water dispute?
- Kerala, Karnataka, and Tamilnadu
- Andhra Pradesh, Telangana
- Maharashtra, Karnataka, and Goa
- Gujarat and Maharashtra
10. Which of the following statements regarding solar energy manufacturing in India is correct?
- India is the world largest producer of solar energy
- India has achieved its goal of 20-gigawatt energy production 4 years before the target year 2022
- India does not manufacture solar panels
Choose the right answer:
- 2 and 3
- 1 and 3
- 2 only
- 1 and 2
Statement 1 is wrong. China is the largest producer of solar energy.
Statement 2 is right.
Statement 3 is wrong. Though, India imports most of the solar panels from China and other countries. However, there are many manufacturers of Solar Panel in India.
Have a look at this: Solar Panel Manufacturers in India
11. Recently NITI Aayog the idea of the circular economy was in news. What does it suggest?
- to hand over all the new collection powers to Panchayat and Nagar Palikas
- to allow family to decide over the use of the taxes they paid
- to save resources by recycle and reuse the already ones used material
- to increase the consumption of goods produced in the home state
12. Where did the recently concluded 24th United Nations Framework Convention on climate change take place?
- Katowice, Poland
- New Delhi, India
- Kyoto, Japan
- Lyon, France
13. Which Indian has recently conferred with the Legion De Honeur (Legion of Honour) the highest civilian award of France for his work for specially-abled children?
- Kailash Satyarthi
- Bal Apte
- Francois Laborde
- Samundra Gupta
14. Recently bought into operation where is India’s largest strategic petroleum reserve?
- Bikaner, Rajasthan
- Visakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh
- Tuticorin, Tamil Nadu
15. Which of the following is concerned with mission All Out?
- Eliminate all the armed insurgent in Jammu and Kashmir
- to eradicate the diseases caused by mosquitoes in the urban areas
- to ensure tax collection from other citizens eligible to pay taxes
- recognition and banning of all the illegal coaching institutes
16. Recently in news white label ATMs are:
- ATMs where only no cash transactions take place
- ATMs which are owned by the banks but are operated and maintained by the third party
- ATMs which are owned, operated and even maintained by the third party
- ATMs which are owned by multinational banks
17. On 27th March 2019, India successfully tested its first anti-satellite missile operation was undertaken as part of which of the following missions:
- Mission Shakti
- Mission Raksha
- Mission Prahar
- Mission Prahari
18. Which of the following statements in regard to the Outer Space Treaty are true:
- it was accepted by United Nation Organisation in 1967
- it is concerned with the protection of moon celestial bodies and outer space from all forms of weaponization
- India is still officially not the part of this treaty
Choose the right option:
- 1, 2 and 3
- 1 and 2
- 2 and 3
- only 2
19. Which of the following committee related to Defence reforms:
- D B Shekatkar committee
- Dilip Singh Suhag committee
- Dilip Singh Bhuria committee
- Baldev Pande committee
20. Which neighbour country of India has signed a MoU with India for the training of its 1800 civil servants in India?
- Sri Lanka
Read the next part: ॥ Part-1 ॥ Part-2॥ Part-3॥ Part-4॥ Part-5॥ Part-6॥ Part-7॥ Part-8॥ Part-9॥ Part-10॥
See Also: Cut Off Poll for HP Allied Exam
Stay updated with us: