121. Intensity of an earthquake is measured by
- Modified Mercalli Scale
- Richter scale
- None of these
122. Which of the following countries has the largest transport system in the world?
123. If Arctic ice is replaced by dense forest which of the following is likely to take place
- Acceleration of global warming
- Deceleration of global warming
- It will have no effect on global warming
- It may or may not affect global warming
124. Who among these is awarded Champions of the Earth’ award 2019 by United Nations Environment Programme?
- Costa Rica
125. Which of the following is defined as a process of involving the local people in the protection and management of forests?
- Environmental Management
- Joint Forest Management
- Energy Resource Management
- National Resource Management
126. Which of these describes the relationship between global water resources and the human demand for it?
- Water conservation
- Water Act
- Water crisis
- Water shortage
127. In an island, the biodiversity is
- Neither high nor low
- Extremely low
128. Of the following organisms, the one that is least likely to cause disease is
- Parasitic Worm
129. Which among these is an intergovernmental organization of eight countries?
- United Nations Environment Programme
- The World Bank
- The Stockholm Conference
- South-Asia Cooperative Environment Programme
130. As per the Gender Inequality Index by UNDP Report 2017, India stands at a global rank of:
131. Who among these is an Indian environmentalist and founder of Centre for Science and Environment:
- Sunita Narain
- Anil Kumar Agrawal
- Indira Khurana
- Ramesh Agrawal
132. Upto which of the following sessions of the Congress, the Autobiography of Gandhiji is written?
- Nagpur Session, 1920
- Madras Session, 1997
- Bombay Session, 1934
- Haripura Session, 1938
133. Who gave John Ruskin’s book ‘Unto the Last’ to Gandhi Ji?
- The author himself
- J.J. Doke
- Henry Pollock
- Kallen Beach
134. Articles 36 to 51 of the Indian Constitution contain the Directive Principles of State Policy. Identify the Articles which have the scope of the Gandhian principles:
- Articles 37, 40 and 49
- Articles 39, 42 and 47
- Articles 40, 45 and 50
- Articles 40, 47 and 48
135. In the opinion of Gandhiji, which of the following methods is the best for the Conflict Resolution?
- Suppression of conflict
- Non-Cooperation and suspension of talks
- Mutual Dialogue
136. When was the Civil Disobedience Movement called off finally by Gandhiji?
137. Popularly known as Mira Ben, a staunch disciple of Gandhiji was sent to Delhi to apprise the Viceroy about the Congress Working Committee Resolution on the Quit India Movement. What was her real name?
- Miss Catherine
- Miss Ramaya.
- Miss Durga
- Miss Slade
138. Of the following, who was the first recipient of Gandhiji Peace Prize?
- Mother Teresa
- Nelson Mandela
- Julius Nyerere
- Khan Abdul Ghaffar Khan
139. Which of the following is correct about Gandhiji?
- He believed in the maxim of that Government is the best which governs the least
- There should be direct elections at all levels.
- He believed that international peace is a utopian, as ii can never be established
- He raised his voice for inclusion of Indian system of medicine in the list of U.N.O.
140. Which is the most landslide-prone area in India?
- Ganges valley region
- South Indian plateau
- Himalaya and Northeastern Hill
- None of the above
Read the next part: ॥ Part-1 ॥ Part-2॥ Part-3॥ Part-4॥ Part-5॥ Part-6॥ Part-7॥ Part-8॥ Part-9॥ Part-10॥
Stay updated with us: