1. Himachal Emerges Hill State Leader in State Startup Ranking:
- Himachal Pradesh has been recognized as the “Hill State Leader and an Aspiring Leader” in developing an enabling startup ecosystem in the State.
- State has been given award by the Government of India in a special function organised on 20th December, 2018 at New Delhi to felicitate the best performing states in the Startup ecosystem development domain.
- The award was received by Deputy Director Industries Deepika Khatri on behalf of the State Government.
- Sudershna Kumari gets ‘Startup Hero of the State’ Award.
- In last one year under the CM Startup Scheme, 40 startups were incubated in 8 incubation centres and 100+ mentors were on-boarded.
2. Centre Govt. sanctions Rs. 843.72 crore under PMGSY:
- Centre Govt. has sanctioned Rs. 843.72 crore for construction of 219 rural roads and nine bridges in the state under the Pradhan Mantri Gram Sadak Yojna (PMGSY).
- Under this scheme, about 1394 km roads and nine bridges with a total length of 466 meter would be constructed in the State.
- Pradhan Mantri Gram Sadak Yojna was the brainchild of former Prime Minister Atal Behari Vajpayee. This scheme has ensured better road connectivity in the rural areas of the state.
3. Himachal Pradesh, Tamil Nadu and Kerala top-ranking states in SDG index: Niti Aayog
- Niti Aayog has ranked Himachal Pradesh, Tamil Nadu and Kerala as top performing states to comply with the United Nations’ Sustainable Development Goals in it’s first of its kind India Index for SDGs.
- The NITI Aayog along with the ministry of statistics has developed the SDG India Index which is a comprehensive Index to measure the progress of States / UTs, through a single measurable Index and the First Baseline Report for 2018, prepared with the support of Global Green Growth Institute and UN in India.
- States and UTs are ranked based on their performance on 62 parameters.
- Himachal Pradesh has been ranked high on providing clean water and sanitation, in reducing inequalities and preserving the mountain ecosystem.
- The index covers 13 of the 17 sustainable development goals, including healthcare, gender equality, clean energy, infrastructure, education, peace and building strong, accountable institutions.
- The index comprises a composite score for each State and Union Territory based on their aggregate performance across 13 of the 17 SDGs.
- Among the States, Himachal Pradesh and Kerala are the front-runners, with an SDG India Index score of 69.
4. Atal Vardi Yojna:
- Free school uniforms will be provided to the students of class 1st to class 12th studying in government schools.
- Students of 1st, 3rd, 6th and 9th class will be provided school bags in addition to two uniforms in a year.