Himachal Pradesh Weekly Current Affairs – 17
December 25-31, 2018
Manali Winter Carnival from January, 2:
- The famous winter carnival of Kullu district will be celebrated with gaiety and fervour from 2nd to 6th January, 2019.
- A day before Carnival, Beas Aarti Pooja will be held in which more than 5000 people will take part.
- On this occasion, the tableaux of local deity Maa Hadimba will be displayed which will be the major attraction for the people and tourists as well.
- More than 5000 people will sing Vande Mataram simultaneously on Mall road Manali.
- Various National Winter Games will be organized during Manali Carnival.
- Adventure games will be organised in Shatru Jot, Solang Nallah, Gulaba and Marhi the snow-covered areas.
Himachal adjudged as Most Consumer Friendly State:
- Himachal has been adjudged as the ‘ Most Consumer Friendly State ‘ in a survey conducted jointly by the PHD Chamber of Commerce and Industry, Quality Council of India and The Aware Consumer Magazine recently.
- The initiative is aimed at recognizing the efforts and best practices of the state governments towards being consumer friendly.
- The states are recognized on parameters such as consumer awareness, protection and dispute redressal mechanism, accessibility and connectivity for efficient delivery of public services and governance, delivery of and access to quality education and public health services including safe food and ease to do business.
- Himachal topped the charts in the final ranking by securing a score of 79.55% followed by Goa with 77.58% and Andhra Pradesh with 72.83%.
Rs. 7100 crore State plan size proposed for the FY 2019-20:
- Rs. 7100 crore State plan size has been proposed for the financial year 2019-20, which is Rs. 800 crore more than 2018-19 with 13 percent increase.
Govt. schemes helping in transforming the lives of Himachali women:
- The government has launched few ambitious schemes for ensuring welfare of the women folk which would go a long way in making them self-reliant and live with pride.
- ‘Shakti Button App’ and ‘Gudiya Helpline’ which are proving to be a boon in checking violence and crime against the women.
- So far, 28968 complaints received under Shakti Button App have been redressed whereas 1233 complaints have been received under Gudiya Helpline out of which 1196 have been disposed of.
- The Saksham Gudiya Board has also been constituted in the state to frame recommendations for the police department for the empowerment of girl child/adolescent girls.
- Chief Minister has launched Shashakt Mahila Yojana which envisages women empowerment by providing them an interface for socio-economic development of rural women by creating awareness about their rights and facilitating institutional support.
- The state government has enhanced the one-time grant given to the girl child belonging to BPL families under the “Beti Hai Anmol Yojana” from Rs. 10,000 to Rs. 12,000.
- Under “Mother Taressa Asahaya Matri Sambal Yojana finance assistance has been increased from Rs. 4,000 to Rs. 5000 per child per annum to poor women for maintenance of their children.
- In order to deal with the anaemia, malnutrition and various other health issues in the children, government has started Poshan Abhiyan (Nutrition Campaign) in Chamba, Hamirpur, Shimla Solan and Una districts while remaining districts will also be covered soon.
- Mahila Shakti Kendra have been established in Una, Kangra and Hamirpur districts under Beti Bachao Beti Padhao campaign through community participation.
- The state government has also launched Mukhya Mantri Swawlamban Yojana under which provision has been made to provide 30 percent subsidy to women for setting up their ventures.
Mukhya Mantri Aashirwad Yojna:
- Under this new scheme all new born will be provided a baby kit worth Rs.1500 in addition a cash incentive of Rs. 700 to the mother for every institutional delivery.
Himachal Pradesh Weekly Current Affairs-16
Himachal Pradesh Weekly Current Affairs-15
Himachal Pradesh Weekly Current Affairs-14
Himachal Pradesh Weekly Current Affairs-13
Himachal Pradesh Weekly Current Affairs-12
Himachal Pradesh Weekly Current Affairs-10
Himachal Pradesh Weekly Current Affairs – 9
Himachal Pradesh Weekly Current Affairs – 8
Himachal Pradesh Weekly Current Affairs – 7
Himachal Pradesh Weekly Current Affairs – 6
Himachal Pradesh Weekly Current Affairs – 5
Himachal Pradesh Weekly Current Affairs – 4
Himachal Pradesh Weekly Current Affairs – 3
Himachal Pradesh Weekly Current Affairs – 2
Himachal Pradesh Weekly Current Affairs – 1