Himachal Pradesh Weekly Current Affairs – 19
January 8-14, 2019
HP signs transport agreement with UP and J&K:
- Himachal Pradesh, Jammu and Kashmir and Uttar Pradesh signed the mutual transport agreement at Lucknow to extend inter-state transport services.
- This would prove to be an effective step in providing better and convenient transport facility to the people of all the three states.
- After 1985, it is for the first time that such kind of agreement has been made between Himachal and Uttar Pradesh which was must for economic, cultural, tourism and trade point of view.
Ujjwala Grihini Suvidha Yojna:
- HP cabinet in its meeting decided to start new ‘Ujjwala Grihini Suvidha Yojna’ in the State to achieve the goals of Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana.
- Under this scheme, the selected beneficiaries of the State under Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojna would be provided with an additional benefit of free LPG connection, free first filled gas cylinder stove etc. as being given under the Mukhya Mantri Grihini Suvidha Yojana.
Makar Sankranti Mela of Tattapani has been declared as District Level fair:
- HP Cabinet in its meeting gave its approval to declare Makar Sankranti Mela of Tattapani in Mandi district as district level fair.
- This fair is held in the month of January every year.
HP second in the country to provide quality education: Niti Aayog
- A Niti Aayog report on India’s performance on Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), places Himachal Pradesh in the second position in quality education.
- Kerala is in the top position according to the report.
- On quality education (SDG-4) Himachal Pradesh has got a score of 82 out of 100 against the national score of 58.
- The United Nations defines SDGs as the blueprint to achieve a better and more sustainable future for everyone. The SDGs across 17 verticals address challenges related to poverty, inequality, climate and peace and justice.
- The report scores the state and union territories on 13 of the 17 SDGs for which information was available from across the country