Q. When/Where did Dr. Yashwant Singh Parmar born?
Ans: Dr. Yashwant Singh Parmar was born on 4th August 1906 at Chanhalag village near Bagthan in the Sirmaur district.
Q. Who was the father of Dr. Yashwant Singh Parmar?
Ans: Dr. Yashwant Singh Parmar’s father’s name was Bhandari Shivanand Singh Parmar, a popular leader, a successful lawyer, and an eminent writer.
Q. About the educational qualification of Dr. Yashwant Singh Parmar?
Ans: Dr. Yashwant Singh Parmar was educated at F.C. College, Lahore and Canning College, Lucknow, Lucknow University. Dr. Y.S. Parmar did M.A., L.L.B., and Ph.D.
Q. What were the achievements of Dr. Yashwant Singh Parmar?
- Dr. Yashwant Singh Parmar had been a member of Seva Samiti Nahan (1919-20)
- Member Theosophical Society, Dehradun (1929)
- Sub-Judge and Magistrate I” Class, Sirmaur State (1920- 37)
- Secretary, Nahan Cricket Club (1937-39)
- District and Sessions Judge, Sirmaur State (1937-41)
- President of All India State People’s Conference (1947)
- An advocate in Judicial Commissioner’s Court, Himachal Pradesh
Read also: ॥ Chanderdhar Sharma Guleri ॥ Shri Lal Chand Prarthi ॥ Norah Richards॥ Shri Bakshi Pratap Singh॥ Nicholas Roerich॥ Amrita Sher Gill॥ Raj Kumari Amrit Kaur ॥ Shri Gian Chand Totu ॥ Satyanand Stokes॥
Q. About the political achievements of Dr. Yashwant Singh Parmar?
- Dr. Yashwant Singh Parmar organized Suket Satyagraha in 1948, which culminated in the integration of princely states in Himachal Pradesh.
- He was nominated to the All India Congress Committee (AICC) in 1948.
- Later on, Dr. Yashwant Singh Parmar became Member, Chief Commissioner’s Advisory Council (1948).
- He was elected President of the Himachal Pradesh Congress Committee (194850).
- Dr. Y.S. Parmar contested the first Legislative Assembly election in 1951-52 and got elected its leader, to be sworn in as first Chief Minister for the period from 1952 to 1956.
- He was elected to parliament in 1957.
- He was elected President of the Himachal Pradesh Congress Committee in 1960.
- He was Advocate to Supreme Court in 1961.
- President of HPCC during 1961-62 and 1963.
- Re-elected Chief Minister of the Pradesh in 1963 and again in 1967 got elected to Vidhan Sabha from Renuka constituency.
- From 1967 to 1977, Dr. Yashwant Singh Parmar remained Chief Minister of Himachal Pradesh continuously.
Q. Which books were written by Dr. Yashwant Singh Parmar?
Ans: Dr. Parmar was an eloquent writer and wrote the following books: –
- “Social and Economic Background of Himalayan Polyandry”
- “Himachal Pradesh”- Its proper shape and status
- “Himachal Pradesh” – Area and language and strategy for the development of hill areas
- “Himachal Pradesh”- Case for Statehood
Q. When did Dr. Yashwant Singh Parmar die?
Ans: Dr. Yashwant Singh Parmar died on 2nd May 1981.
Read also: ॥ Sardar Shobha Singh॥ Baba Kanshi Ram॥ Bhag Mal Sautha॥ Satya Prakash Bakshi ‘Baggi‘॥ Shri Padam Dev॥ Surat Singh Vaid॥ Kinkri Devi ॥ Justice Mehar Chand Mahajan॥ Shri Yashpal॥ Shri Deena Nath Aandhi॥
Stay updated with us: