Himachal Pradesh Weekly Current Affairs – 21
January 22-31, 2019
Parshuram Awards were presented on the occasion of 49th Statehood day function at Kunihar in Solan:
Chief Minister presented State Parshuram Awards to:
- Ajay Thakur, Kavita Thakur, Ritu Negi and Nirmala Devi for Kabaddi.
- Vikas Thakur for Weightlifting.
- Anurag Verma, Ashish Chaudhary, Virender Kumar and Geeta Nand for Boxing.
- Hira Lal and Varsha Devi for winter games.
- Anchal Thakur for Skiing.
- Jagdish Kumar for wrestling.
- Monal Chauhan for Judo.
- Dicky Dolma for Mountaineering.
Each award winner was given Rs. 2 lakh, citation, and certificate.
Three Himachalis selected for Padma Shri Awards:
Dr. Jagat Ram PGI head Prof Jagat Ram, chosen for the Padma Shri in Medicine (Ophthalmology) on the eve of Republic Day.
Dr. Omesh Kumar Bharti conferred with the Padma Shri award for his path-breaking research to treat rabid dog bite patients, which the World Health Organisation (WHO) has recommended as one of the least expensive therapies in the world. His research had brought down the cost of dog bite treatment from Rs 35,000 to Rs 350.
Ajay Thakur conferred with the Padma Shri award on the eve of Republic Day. He is the first Kabbadi player form Himachal Pradesh to get this award. He is Indian Kabbadi Team Captain and well known for his efforts of 2016 Kabaddi World Cup final which led Team India to win their 3rd consecutive World Cup which is known to have changed the landscape of Kabaddi in India. He was the top raider in 2016 Kabaddi World Cup with 68 raid points in the tournament (12 raid points versus Iran in the final).
Five CID Officers from Himachal got President Police Medal:
Five officers from HP Police were awarded President Police Medal for their courageous services. They are:
- Mr. Ashok Tiwari (ADG)
- Mr. Gurdev Chand Sharma (SP Mandi)
- Mr. Sanjay Kumar (Sub-Inspector)
- Mr. Jaspal Singh (Sub-Inspector)
- Mr. Sanjay Guleria (Sub-Inspector)
Governor presents Annanya Awards 2019 for distinguished services:
- Governor Acharya Devvrat presented Annanya Award 2019 of Zee Punjab, Haryana, Himachal to three personalities from Himachal Pradesh for their distinguished services in the promotion of natural farming and against the drug trafficking.
- He honoured Manish Kumar from Hamirpur, Ajay Ratan from Bilaspur and Bhupesh Jaggi from Chandigarh for the promotion of natural farming.
- Gurpreet Singh for agency working for skin.
- Pradeep Sangwan for environment protection.
- Dr. Monika Bhutungru, Superintendent of Police Chamba working against drug peddlers.
- Amita Marva working in slum areas.
- Master Kuldeep Sharma for social activities.
- Sunil Sandhu working for poor and hockey player Sanjeev Kumar working for poor players.